Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

There's nothing like a good soup. That certainly looks like a good one! Hope you feel better.

-Dave

It was most delicious. It's hard to go wrong with chili, coriander, and ginger ;). I'm still a bit under the weather, but that's probably because I haven't gotten enough rest - I was up all night between saturday and sunday at the ICU, watching over my grandmum who died sunday morning.

It was most delicious. It's hard to go wrong with chili, coriander, and ginger ;). I'm still a bit under the weather, but that's probably because I haven't gotten enough rest - I was up all night between saturday and sunday at the ICU, watching over my grandmum who died sunday morning.

My condolences. Take care of yourself.

-Dave

Thanks guys!
It's a major bummer! Especially since she was in good health, and totally clear in the head. But she recently had hip replacement surgery, and somewhere along the way picked up an infection (a normal compication when you're bedridden) for which the doctors couldn't fint the right antibiotic in time. And at her age (84) that was just more than her body could handle. But she was only ill for a few days, and she died peacefully, and painfree, surrounded by her family. So all things considered it wasn't the worst way to go, and us relatives got to say a proper goodbye and provide her some comfort during her last hours.

Italian Night

I prefer my pasta baked, so this is a favorite around here.

We had some challah left over from the previous Saturday services, so it became garlic toast.

Next, my derivation of the iconic entree of a local Italian restaurant. They call it "Joe's Special." I put my spin on it, now we don't have to go out for it: angel hair, covered with a layer of mozzarella; then a layer of sauteed onions, minced garlic, fresh ground black pepper and sliced Crimini mushrooms; then a layer of my favorite commercial marinara sauce (Dell'Amore, this time their sweet basil and garlic version). Finally some fresh grated Parmesan.

To go with the baked pasta are some medallions of my home-made chicken Italian sausage.

Sticks to the ribs and tastes so good...

Both.jpeg

GarlicToast.jpeg

JoeSpecial.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

The old restaurant had great veal parm but the kicker was the side of ziti with what I presume to be jarred minced garlic with olive oil and maybe 60/40 butter. Always inhaled that fast.

Back
Top Bottom