Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

I'm gonna have to talk to the mods about locking this thread, till I get my teeth back. That ear of corn was a poke in my eye. I watched some shows the other night about hamburger and rib contest. It almost killed me. You'd think my dumb ASS would be smart enuf to turn the channel. Kinda like being at the beach now looking at all the bikini's. It's torture man.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to talk to the mods about locking this thread, till I get my teeth back. That ear of corn was a pok in my eye. I watched some shows the other night about hamburger and rib contest. It almost killed me. You'd think my dumb ASS would be smart enuf to turn the channel. Kinda like being at the beach now looking at all the bikini's. It's torture man.

I'm sorry jimfet. You go on down to 31 Flavors and get your self a nice 1500 cal large cookie dough shake on us. ;)

31.jpeg

I'm the king of shakes right now. I hope my blender hols out.
I hope it does, but if it doesn’t check out the Versa from Oster. 1400w motor like the Vitamix and Blendtech at 1/4 the price. Mines been making smoothies with frozen fruit daily for 2 years now. The speed knob lost its damping and wouldn’t hold the setting right before the 2 year warranty ran out. They sent me a whole new one!

BTW a cold sammich without mayo is just a dry old thing not worth the trouble of eating.

Home-made mayo, with a splash of Thai fish sauce and sriracha is a special thing indeed.

My favorite use is laying a bed of chunked fishes of several kinds, and sliced button mushrooms, then spooning this mayo on top and putting that under the broiler until the mayo begins to caramelize. Serve with a bowl of Japanese rice. Behold...Japanese "Dynamite."

Enjoy,
Rich P

Japanese Lunch

I enjoyed the sushi rolls the other night so much, I thought I would like to try some variations. Also, I have tried numerous variations on the mozuku soup, but have not hit on the one that makes me smile. Today, I got a lot closer, but still not quite there.

First, today's version of mozuku soup: straight katsuobushi dashi (no kombu, no shiitake), rinsed mozuku (to remove the rice vinegar & sweetening in the frozen container), Chinese black soy sauce, sea salt, cubes of firm tofu, and sliced scallion.

Next, some wedges of slightly firm avocado, dusted with sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes), and toasted and crushed sesame seeds.

Next, avocado rolls: sushi rice (with a bit of sushi seasoning: rice vinegar, salt and brown sugar), rolled in nori (seaweed sheets for sushi), all wrapped around julienned avocado, carrot, and scallions.

Next, salmon rolls: sushi rice, cured salmon (actually lox, I'm Jewish, after all), julienned avocado, and thin smears of wasabi, all rolled in nori.

Next, my spin on the California roll: sushi rice; strips of kosher crab (flavored surimi); strips of cream cheese; pickled sushi ginger; julienned avocado, white and orange carrots, and scallions; all rolled in nori.

Soup.jpeg

Prep.jpeg

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Wow. I was looking a beautiful dish of lobster fettuccine and then it was gone! Whahappened?

Back
Top Bottom