Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Sunday Brunch

Nice to sleep in, then break the fast with tasty food. So here goes...

First, a nice slice of corned beef from Rosh Hashanah (fat side of the brisket). The ingredient list for this is too complicated to state here.

Next, crisped potatoes, made from some leftover of a Korean stir-fried potato banchan (side dish) from the other day: julienned potatoes, julienned white carrots, slivered sweet onion, sea salt, fresh-ground white pepper, toasted and crushed sesame seeds, crisped in peanut oil.

Next, a slice of sesame mini-loaf, prepared as French toast, served with hot butter and apricot preserves.

Finally, a nice omelet, containing fresh eggs (from the girls out back), diced tomato, shredded cheddar cheese, and peperoncino (pickled Italian peppers).

For me, this was washed down with a nice cold glass of whole milk, with an ice cube (habit, since my days in Okinawa).

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Chicken Enchiladas
Thanks for the inspiration. I made a couple beef ones myself.
8 hours later I'm still not hungry. Next time I think I'll stick with just one, or use smaller shells.
BTW, what do you use for sauce? the ones I've found have been just so-so.
edit: Used to have a taco joint in the old neighborhood that made great enchiladas and the sauce was fantastic
BTW, does anyone know what type of 'white' cheese is used on tacos?
That old taco joint and the Mighty Taco's around here use a white cheese that I really like but have no clue what it is.
post-edit edit: Looks like Mighty uses a Swiss/American blend. Kinda weird choice for a Mexican food but it works for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the inspiration. I made a couple beef ones myself.
8 hours later I'm still not hungry. Next time I think I'll stick with just one, or use smaller shells.
BTW, what do you use for sauce? the ones I've found have been just so-so.
edit: Used to have a taco joint in the old neighborhood that made great enchiladas and the sauce was fantastic
BTW, does anyone know what type of 'white' cheese is used on tacos?
That old taco joint and the Mighty Taco's around here use a white cheese that I really like but have no clue what it is.
I use Old El Paso Medium Enchilada Sauce, theirs is my favorite for a commercially made sauce. Comes in 3 "temps" and green too.
https://www.oldelpaso.com/products/sauces

IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0985.JPG

A special meal. This is the first grilling since hurricane Flo. I was worried about my grill. The cover blew off the first day and it stood naked for 3.5 days in 18 inches of rain and 50 plus mph winds. Took it like a champ. It's dry now and the cover is fixing to go back on.

A special meal. This is the first grilling since hurricane Flo. I was worried about my grill. The cover blew off the first day and it stood naked for 3.5 days in 18 inches of rain and 50 plus mph winds. Took it like a champ. It's dry now and the cover is fixing to go back on.

I've had my grill for maybe 15 years and leave it out naked year round. The outside actually looks way better than the inside.

What's the side BTW? Might be a little hard to eat with that toothpick:rolleyes:

. Two inch New York strip (12.99 lb from central market) , salt, pepper. 3 min a side direct heat 12 min indirect heat. Sometimes you just nail it!

You did nail it! I can almost taste it. :) :beerchug: I always look for a 2 inch strip when I want to cook a steak.

-Dave

Hatch chile season sooooo they are pretty much making it in everything I'm cooking for the next week.

Brasied beef with pre-roasted hatch chiles, tomatillos, onion, garlic, and white wine. Seasoned with thyme, salt, pepper, and toasted paprika.

Season beef w/ salt and pepper and sear in oil until browned. Move to separate dish. Saute onion and whole cloves of garlic until soft and fragrant. Let all those good brown bits form in the pan and then deglaze with white wine. Add some chiles, tomatillos, spices, herbs. Place beef in pan like the picture, pour white wine half way up the beef, cover, and braise in a 325 degree oven for at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Almost impossible to screw this one up. :)

beef.jpg

Hatch chile season sooooo they are pretty much making it in everything I'm cooking for the next week.

Brasied beef with pre-roasted hatch chiles, tomatillos, onion, garlic, and white wine. Seasoned with thyme, salt, pepper, and toasted paprika.

Season beef w/ salt and pepper and sear in oil until browned. Move to separate dish. Saute onion and whole cloves of garlic until soft and fragrant. Let all those good brown bits form in the pan and then deglaze with white wine. Add some chiles, tomatillos, spices, herbs. Place beef in pan like the picture, pour white wine half way up the beef, cover, and braise in a 325 degree oven for at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Almost impossible to screw this one up. :)

View attachment 1288555

That looks and sounds delicious!

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom