Show us your equalizer

I am looking for a vintage EQ to integrate into my small office system. I have owned some EQs in the past (20+ years ago), but wanted to see what you all have so I could start looking again. Some will probably bring back some memories! Let's see what you got! Oh and add the model number if not obvious in the pics. Thanks.

Ok,you did'nt mention a color preference,I have both silver & black.

First one is the Rotel RE-1010 in my BR system.

index.php

Next is my rackmount systems EQ a Nikko EQ1 (ad pic).

index.php

Then we have my vintage systems ADC Sound Shaper Ten [SS-10] (ad pic).

index.php

Another pic of ^^^^ that one with the rest of my vintage system (Kenwood KA-7300 & KT-7300) vvvv.

index.php

And here we have my Soundcraftsment 20-12A (ad Pic).

index.php

Next is a "spare" Parasound F210s (ad pic).

index.php

Also have a Spectro Acoustics Model 210 & JVC SEA-33.

index.php

Not pictured:
Sansui SE-80 that's doing duty w/the LR system.
AudioSource EQ100 That's doing duty w/my workroom system.

And yeah,I'm a sucker for EQ's despite how some audio enthusiasts frown upon them,for me they help my systems sound the way I like them to sound.

Got my eye on a couple more right now too.

Bret P.

Attachments

• Nikko EQ1 Front resized.jpg
    Nikko EQ1 Front resized.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,204
  • ADC EQ resized.jpg
    ADC EQ resized.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,206
  • Soundcraftsmen 20 12A EQ resized.jpg
    Soundcraftsmen 20 12A EQ resized.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 1,221
  • Parasound EQ F210 Front resized.jpg
    Parasound EQ F210 Front resized.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,199
  • JVC RX 318 & SEA 33 resized.jpg
    JVC RX 318 & SEA 33 resized.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,195
Last edited:
I almost left it, went back to it a few times before picking it up and buying. I was surprised at it's weight.

attachment.php

Attachments

• teac ge-20.JPG
    teac ge-20.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 225
I almost grabbed up a GE-20 a couple of times,but one thing or another always seems to throw a wrench in the works @ just the wrong moment.

I'm also a sucker for VU meter(s)....

Nabbed a beautiful EQ that I've had my eye on for awhile now,it'll be for my vintage silverface system,but I'm almost afraid to say anything right now and maybe jinx myself before it gets here safe & sound,soooo I'll just save it for later,though it may take a bit of time to actually get here.

Still on the hunt for 1-2 more units to pair up with other systems I have around here,but those are mostly back-burner deals so they can wait for the "right unit @ the right price" sorta situation.

Bret P.

I looked at my Tascam GE-20B and damn if it's not the same eq with 1/4 input/output jacks where the Teac GE-20 has the output level and the meter.

I recall seeing one of those Tascam EQ's and thinking the same thing.

I also recall seeing some other brand that had an EQ that looked very close as well,but cant recollect what it was right @ the moment.

Seems these could've been a fairly common chassis that was rebranded for a few different vendors.

Which might've been a fairly new concept back when these were new.

I definitely like the looks of the GE20,but they seem to always be missing 1-2 of the knobs for some odd reason (LOL) it's just a good thing they apparently use a common shaft size so all the various music gear knobs seem to fit no problemo.

But I digress,nice unit,good score!

Bret P.

Back
Top Bottom