Show Us Your Listening Chair

I really like Ekornes chairs. They are very comfy and supportive.
image_zpsfdd35489.jpg

My favorite listening chair is this cheap under a hundred one!Comfortable but not to much as to fall asleep while listening to the good stuff which is what it's all about right?:)IMAG1389.jpg

My chair is this big lime green chair-and-a-half thing with a matching ottoman, which works because I'm kinda fat. I love it so much, but it's hideous. Stains from the kids over the years, scrapes from a few moves in the early days, the pillow that serves as the back cushion is all misshapen and the fabric is pilling up all over the place. It's just a mess. I'm thinking of having it reupholstered.... normally you'd look at it and say "haul that out to the curb" but structurally it's as good as new and after 20 years with a chair you get attached.

I've posted this in another thread here on Audiokarma, but it seems appropriate to add it here:

Downstairs_Stereo_1.jpg

That's my Dania Bogart red leather chair and ottoman. It's super comfy. Everyone that sits in it loves it. Unfortunately, I was discontinued by Dania over 5 years ago due to a copyright infringement suit by the estate of Humphrey Bogart. Bummer that it's no longer available, but I did get a VERY god deal on it. If I would have known it was being discontinued, I would have bought another, or maybe the matching sofa and love seat.

I also have an Ikea Poang chair and ottoman in black leather upstairs - a very comfortable chair for the money - even cheaper when you pick it up at Goodwill, like I did.

Last edited:
I've posted this in another thread here on Audiokarma, but it seems appropriate to add it here:

Downstairs_Stereo_1_zpsbgqc5hql.jpg

That's my Dania Bogart red leather chair and ottoman. It's super comfy. Everyone that sits in it loves it. Unfortunately, I was discontinued by Dania over 5 years ago due to a copyright infringement suit by the estate of Humphrey Bogart. Bummer that it's no longer available, but I did get a VERY god deal on it. If I would have known it was being discontinued, I would have bought another, or maybe the matching sofa and love seat.

I also have an Ikea Poang chair and ottoman in black leather upstairs - a very comfortable chair for the money - even cheaper when you pick it up at Goodwill, like I did.

Nice chair....but that wall you're facing...Nice!!!

IMG_20160209_181828.jpg
The white pillow is the exact location of the "sweet spot."

Source:
HP Compaq Business dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Winamp 2.95
250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi (with my own sound engineer enhanced EQ plot)
Audioquest DragonFly v1.2 DAC

Amp:
Marantz NR1402 (Pure Direct mode)

Speakers:
KLH 9250B

My primary system listening chair is a computer chair (the one in the picture I got from someone for free but I usually use my nicer $99 one when I'm home longer; the nicer one is in the second image). My secondary system listening chair is a couch I got from a friend a couple of years ago for free.

20160117_150318.jpg

20151018_134908.jpg

Back
Top Bottom