Show us your Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Wheels, Wings, Mud, and Water' started by Styx_II, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Valveglow

Valveglow Super Member

Bobcat likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. janci

janci New Member

Yes, here as well it is R9T.... but mine is no longer original and I like the R90 better. :rockon:

3. BMWCCA

BMWCCA AK Subscriber Subscriber

I would certainly agree. I'm no fan of the "R nine T" monicker myself, being a classic BMW owner already:

[​IMG]

Leben, AndyB, Farmhand and 1 other person like this.
  4. Fisherdude

Fisherdude Regular Dude - Super Mod Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

Well, the decision is made. I'm selling my Road Glide, and getting quotes on one of these. Lowest so far is from Honda of Russellville, AR, just outside Little Rock. $3,200 discount off MSRP. I can fly in one way for $500, and ride it home. I'm going to see if anyone closer will match that price, but I don't think it will happen. There is a Honda dealer in Boise that is supposed to be willing to match prices. We shall see...

26961722_863964727124387_6586913243968110155_o.jpg

echron likes this.
  5. BMWCCA

BMWCCA AK Subscriber Subscriber

Is this a left-over (previous model-year) unit? Demo? Every Honda dealership pays the same for every bike so if one dealer can do it, another should be able to match it . . . unless there exists some extenuating circumstance like the low-bid dealer punched it as a demo to get extra incentives from Honda, or they just want to get rid of it. I'd check to make sure it is a new bike with its complete warranty still available.

This is not the best time of year to be riding a bike from AR to ID. I know it's potentially not as much fun but, Forward Air may ship it to you for less than your cost of flying and riding.

echron likes this.
  6. Leben

Leben AK Subscriber Subscriber

I’m going to be letting go of my old friend this spring. I’ve owned this GS since college and it has served me well over the years. It’ll be going to a good friend that will use it more than I currently do. I will be focusing my restoration efforts on a 71 R75/5 that I’ve owned a long time as well.
    20160530_140119.jpg

AndyB and Farmhand like this.

7. Fisherdude

There are no previous year 2018's. Dealerships that are receiving demo bikes are forbidden from selling them until August. This dealer is the biggest Gold Wing dealer in the US. They have received their first shipment of 20, and another 20+ on the way.

8. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Is that the auto ?

9. Fisherdude

The DCT, or automatic Dual Clutch Transmission, is the one that I want.

10. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Enjoy .Should be a geat touring rig.

11. m6erfan

m6erfan BT Subscriber

RT2.png

Just got done restoring her a few months ago. 1972 Yamaha RT2 360

12. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

Beauty! Love it!

m6erfan likes this.
  13. James Hart

James Hart Webguy :: Bassist

NICE! I'm working on a 71 CT1 with a CT2/3 top end and a set of 75 gears. Just scored the after market shocks I wanted after 3 years of hunting.

m6erfan likes this.
  14. Rockon1

Rockon1 Well-Known Member

My 74 CB750K4

20171028_170321sm.jpg

15. Rockon1

Memories! Crashed my Green 1100 in 2002. Left a kidney and spleen behind. Loved that bike though. Bought a 2001 1200 in Black to replace it. :) Bobn

echron likes this.
  16. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Very nice ,the sohc 750 Honda will go down in history as one of the greats.I liked the looks of the sohc much better than the dohc.I had a 77 750 hondamatic with a few tweeks and people use to shoot it down till it smoked them .The auto was capable of handling over 120hp and was really not a bad bike to ride atall.

Rockon1 and Pio1980 like this.

17. echron

echron Active Member

I love mine. Had a bandit that I did about 100k miles on. Then got this when my buddie got killed in plane crash. He owned Kawasaki shop here in town. It's bored stroked milled crammed pods and full kerker. It's a beast

Rockon1 likes this.
  18. echron

echron Active Member

I'm in Russellville. I know Steve that owns the place let me know if I can help

19. echron

echron Active Member

Sorry replied to wrong post. I live in Russellville I know Steve the owner of Honda of Russellville let me know if I can help

20. Rockon1

Bet it is! I put cams in mine too. Dyno'd at 129 rwhp- about the same as my piped and jetted 1200 @ 132rwhp. Bob