Show us your Motorcycles

This was my winter project, a 2007 Kymco People S 250 I bought 12/16, has about 13K on it, so we tore it down last October, new paint, new belt, bearings, upgraded the CVT to 19 gram Dr. Pulley sliders, opened up the air intake and slapped on an Emgo shorty exhaust, knocked about a second off the 0-60 8 seconds and top end of 83. If can get the guy down a bit, I'm selling the Kymco and get a used T Max

Untitled-1.jpg

Current ride; 2007 Guzzi Breva 1100. Built like a tank, great sound & looks. Absolutely need a better seat for trips longer than 3 hr, but it loves the highway.
Stock windscreen sucks. Will be extremely easy to work on when the time comes. For all of its faults, it's a macho bike.
index.php

index.php

Previous bike. 1999 BMW R1100S 13 years and 80,000 miles. Loved that bike so much, it was like an extension of me.
Has a mechanical howl when excellerating, not exactly intoxicating, but involving. Held a line in corners and way more stable than the Breva.
It is a do-it-all bike. Grocery getter, took it on gravel roads, motorcycle camping, etc. Took many trips and 100-mile after-work rides. One 800+ mile day.
More precise throttle response too, but not built nearly as stout and serviceable. Lots of flimsy parts on this bike to cut weight.
index.php

Different and with some brakes up front it will be a winner. Used to be a fella that did track days with a souped-up Sportster. Haven't seen him in a while.

No road bikes. I've been involved in vintage motorcross for the past 26 years. We race all over the US, me mostly Northern Ca, Oregon and Washington.

Last year I built four CZ's. Two 1971 250 " yellow tankers" and two 1973 CZ380's. Can only have four inchs of suspension in the back, and 7 inchs in the front. The CZ world championships are this weekend in Marysville Ca, under the bridge.i didn't go. Did loan the two 380 CZs to two of my childhood friends to race.

I've got many many running race ready vintage bikes. I recently picked up a 1984 Rickman framed Zumdapp, show room condition. Pretty cool.

I've got a 1971 American Eagle with a 238 Kawasaki motor, another AE, with a 360 Husqvarna oval motor, shifts on the right side.

Several early Maicos, a few of the early 1970ish Yamaha early MX bikes. Several Bultacos, several 1973/4 TM Suzukis in 250 and 400 cc. Several74 Homda Elsonores 125s and 250s.

Several more that need rebuilt. don't want to bore anybody. I try and build an old bike maybe two every season. I enjoy it,

Dirk

^^^ You know this thread is about POSTING PICTURES of your motorcycles, right?

:beerchug:

I am not particularly interested in vintage motorcycles. I was, however fascinated by the vintage enduros in a museum in Barcelona of Spanish bikes.

No road bikes. I've been involved in vintage motorcross for the past 26 years. We race all over the US, me mostly Northern Ca, Oregon and Washington.

Last year I built four CZ's. Two 1971 250 " yellow tankers" and two 1973 CZ380's. Can only have four inchs of suspension in the back, and 7 inchs in the front. The CZ world championships are this weekend in Marysville Ca, under the bridge.i didn't go. Did loan the two 380 CZs to two of my childhood friends to race.

I've got many many running race ready vintage bikes. I recently picked up a 1984 Rickman framed Zumdapp, show room condition. Pretty cool.

I've got a 1971 American Eagle with a 238 Kawasaki motor, another AE, with a 360 Husqvarna oval motor, shifts on the right side.

Several early Maicos, a few of the early 1970ish Yamaha early MX bikes. Several Bultacos, several 1973/4 TM Suzukis in 250 and 400 cc. Several74 Homda Elsonores 125s and 250s.

Several more that need rebuilt. don't want to bore anybody. I try and build an old bike maybe two every season. I enjoy it,

Dirk

Would LOVE to see pics!!!

^^^ You know this thread is about POSTING PICTURES of your motorcycles, right?

:beerchug:

I am not particularly interested in vintage motorcycles. I was, however fascinated by the vintage enduros in a museum in Barcelona of Spanish bikes.
Bultacos and Montesas, mostly?

Sorry about that. Yes pictures, didn't happen if it's not on film. Spanish motocross bikes are a lot of things, Kool. I've got a Bultaco 1974 125 Pursang, came with a 1974 250 Pursang motor" same frame wheels and shocks" also got an earlier Sherpa S 125 Bultaco. This bike has a 200cc barrel head and piston, so in about an hour, I can make it from a 125 cc to a200cc. The bore and stroke were what they called like 54x 54. That's an example. Not the right bultaco bore and stroke numbers.

I'll get my daughter to take pics of my bikes. And post in the next week. I've mentioned this on another post, I'm a computer retard, and I like it that way. I do have a cell phone, no idea where it's at for the past week, or,so.

While lived in Spain in the 80s, I did not go to the bultaco museum.

The other marque is Montesa ! Another really neet bike, they and the bulls handle well, are fast for a piston port motor. Both suffered from poor carbs ration and ignition issues. Both easy fixes. A mikuni carbs 100/125.00 dollars and a PVL ignition is 300/400.00 dollars.

For 500.00 they ran like a top, and handled much better then most vintage bikes.

I'll get some pics up ASAP.

Also I got the date wrong on the CZ, Nationals. It's next month, the races today were down near Willows California, farm in Chrome Ca.

Dirk

Back
Top Bottom