Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

Foster? As in Mcintosh Stereotech 1200 Foster? *watches the prices of anything RS jump through the roof*

Also, I want a system seven reciever. <3<3<3
I just learned this,too.I've seen,and passed on a couple of 70s Realistic receivers,of late,and passed on them.Now I know better.

I lost my Radio Shack system in 1981. It was big, loud, pretty and really had a great sound and was quite expensive back then for me. Problem is I dont really remember what any of the pieces were.Seems like the speakers were Mach 1's. Good story though about it. I was working on a seismagraph crew and lost my job and was driving a company truck.No way home. Traded that stereo for a Volkswagen Baja. The car had a Kraco stereo with Jensen 6x9's. I had wheels though. lol

Realistic LAB-395
GEDC0750.jpg

as for what's spinning, that is Def Leppard's Hysteria.

No pics yet, but I have so far:

Realistic STA 2000, STA 2100, STA 52B, STA 90 receivers
3 pairs of Minimus 7 speakers
Nova 7B speakers
Nova 8B speakers
Realistic MC-1200 speakers
Realistic 10 band equalizer
2 - Realistic tape control centers
1 - Realistic stereo audio selector
1 - SCT 17 cassette tape deck (my first stereo cassette deck)
1 - SCT 19 cassette tape deck (my second)

I had a Realistic LAB 300 Turntable a couple years ago and gave it away thinking I'd never go back to LP's again. Big mistake, I'm now enjoying a new collection of used and new LP's (I gave the LP's away too...realy dumb). I ended up buying a used Pioneer Rondo 2000 belt drive that is a clone to the LAB 300 in nearly every way. I wonder if CEC made some Tables for Pioneer too.

Some nice looking gear... About a year ago or so I got rid of a set of Optimus headphones that I picked up in the 70s. But I have these.

WallOfSound.JPG

The two woods I picked up new in the 70s. The balance I received recently from a fellow AKer. :)

STA-2600
100_0649.jpg

STA-2300/EQ/Sorry, never liked Shack's tables
100_1216-1.jpg

Mach 1's
100_0687.jpg

Mach 2's
100_1805.jpg

Mach 3's
100_0635.jpg

Also have a pair of M7's and a CD-2300 that still works great.

Mpa-200

I just got an MPA-200 for $20 a couple days ago. Actually it is what prompted me to finally join AK, although I've searched it 100's of times to check out equipment I was considering.

I also picked up a Hafler DH-200 2 days ago.

My goal is to use the expertise of this group to help me learn how to first recap the MPA-200 (I've never done it and so won't feel as bad if i wreck it learning) then get into the Hafler.

Watch for a separate post soon once I get started.

Wow this thread brings back some memories. Really didnt own much of their stuff but can remember reading their catalogs cover to cover in the 70s as a youth.

Radio Shack is disappointing today !

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, guys! I love that Elac beast! How cool!
Same here :yes:, except that I remember almost everything that has been posted so far from the perspective of having been behind the counter back in the "good old days of Radio Shack" (1967 ~ 1993 - Joint Venture / SMIA). Just please, don't blame me for what they are today!

Ah, the 'ol FlavO'Radios! It looks like you have the whole set! They were only $4.99 or $5.99 and we sold a ton of them whenever there was a home football game at here Penn State. I think I still have a Blueberry one floating around here somewhere. :D

A stack of what is in rotation in the man cave. Mach 1, Mach 2 and Optimus 5b. Playing at the moment are teh mach 1 and 5b. Nice combination, about the same sensitivity and a good complement.

Attachments

• IMG_3242.jpg
    IMG_3242.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 257
Just some toys that I have laying around the man-cave. There are more around but they would have to be unpacked... And sorry about the quick and crappy phone pictures. More later.

Attachments

• Radio Shack Toys 1 (Medium).JPG
    Radio Shack Toys 1 (Medium).JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Radio Shack toys  2 (Medium).JPG
    Radio Shack toys 2 (Medium).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 301
I also have a pair of the rare member of the Minimus 7 family, the ProX77 with Linaeum tweeter along with the standard types.
OptimusProX772.jpg

Sadly, I sold these Optimus 5b's a while back at the "urging" of my wife.

Realisticspeakers1.jpg

Realisticspeakers3.jpg

As Karma would have it, these very nice Optimus 1's came into my possession shortly afterwards and have recently been joined by a nearly as nice pair with the dark grills. I think I like the sound a little better than the 5b's.

Optimus-17.jpg

Optimus-12.jpg

Optimus1s.jpg

An then these Nova 5's were given to me (although I had to refoam them) along with the STA-740. The wife has finally given up on thinning out my stuff.

RealisticSTA-74010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom