Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

Those DX-160 and DX-150 SW receivers were great. I have had a DX-302 for years but always wanted a DX-160. I picked one up Via CL last year and it is everything that I remembered about them. :thmbsp:

Those Solo 3(? - I recognize them but I don't think that I remember the model number) speakers are pretty darn good too, especially for the price. I think they had that Fostex FE-103 driver in them. Either way, they paved the way for small decent quality bookshelf speakers.

Those DX-160 and DX-150 SW receivers were great. I have had a DX-302 for years but always wanted a DX-160.

Here's my ratshack stuff.

ratshack-stuff.jpg

(hee hee) Guess who just got back from a parts run ... :D

Speaking of the DX302 - always liked them old Watley Loops. Did a full recap and tune when I first got it and spent many a happy hour fiddling with the dials. Only complaint I ever had was it were pretty twitchy on sideband.

I scored a Yeasu FRG7 a year back and the RS is now sitting in the corner collecting dust.

My teenage years stereo (still sounds great 33 years later)

I was 17 when I purchased this radio shack STA 2100D system, included a pair of mach 1s, Optimus T-200s, and LAB 400 turntable. I power it up once in a while to feel the music. I have started collecting some of the Realistic stuff.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 278
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
I was 17 when I purchased this radio shack STA 2100D system, included a pair of mach 1s, Optimus T-200s, and LAB 400 turntable. I power it up once in a while to feel the music. I have started collecting some of the Realistic stuff.

Don't see the turntable. Where is it?

Very nice!!

I have a STA 2100 that needs parts, if anyone knows where a parts doner is please let me know. Thanks!

Wow! Where did you get that kind of money at 17??? All I could afford was an "on sale" STA-52B...:)

I also just realized what kind of money that LAB 400 fetches. One just finished on ebay over $350!!! I'm going to keep my eye out for a local one...

Wow! Where did you get that kind of money at 17??? All I could afford was an "on sale" STA-52B...:)

I also just realized what kind of money that LAB 400 fetches. One just finished on ebay over $350!!! I'm going to keep my eye out for a local one...

I saved my pennies (worked in a grocery store after school) and also sold the other stereo I already had. I will never forget the day I unpacked it and set it up.

I also just realized what kind of money that LAB 400 fetches. One just finished on ebay over $350!!! I'm going to keep my eye out for a local one...[/QUOTE]

I found a couple mint STA 2100s on craigslist for cheap but neither person would pack and ship them :no:

Wow, I remember that stuff. I had a realistic 8-track player / recorder when I was in high school and used to record rock tapes and sell them to other students. I always hated trying to make sure the song was over before the track would switch.

This is all I have... LOL

Attachments

• Realistic-ARM-500.jpg
    Realistic-ARM-500.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 234
Also Posted on Realistic Collectors Thread

Here are some TOTL Realistic receivers from the 1970's and 1980's.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Great collection and about as neat a display as I have ever seen. I have that turntable. Looks like you got the other two they sold. Quite rare and a very nice turntable. Any feedback problem when you crank up the Machs?

I have that turntable. Looks like you got the other two they sold. Quite rare and a very nice turntable. Any feedback problem when you crank up the Machs?

The turntables in pics 2 and 3 are sitting on Mach Ones that are the rear speakers of a quad setup and those two turntables are not currently in use. The turntable in the last picture, quad receiver and front channel Mach Ones are on the opposite wall and not pictured. All three turntables are LAB 60's. In any event, no feedback issues with the turntable in use. I also have a fourth LAB 60 that I keep for parts. It took a long time to collect all four. So it looks like Radio Shack sold 5 of the LAB 60's. :thmbsp:

No pics as yet but forthcoming!

STA 2000 near mint
Nova 7's
Nova 6B's
Nova 5's (Need foams!)

My cottage gear!

Regards!
A.

Back
Top Bottom