Show us your Technics stuff

The cassette decks are especially hard to find, on the vintage technics site it says that the mo1 was never sold in the USA.

You want rare? I got rare! Here's an SA-370S cassette/receiver.

It's obviously a European model, it has a CEE 7/16 Europlug on it. Fortunately there's a voltage selection switch on the back.

Yes it has a shortwave receiver in it! Sadly it has numerous issues. The meters randomly drop out and the AM/SW section has gone silent. I hope to get it working again sometime soon as I really enjoyed this thing. It needs a good recap and a full front end alignment most likely. (and possibly a transistor or two in the tuner). Bigger Technics amps, classwork and a huge technology deployment at work have had me distracted.

When I got it I noticed the balance control didn't work. Some jerk blew the STK module and bridged L and R....that kind of crap makes me mad. A new STK was fitted and it's a stereo amp once more. It's a clean 30W.

PA290033.jpg

Let's see here...

SVI2004A said:

That power section looks an awful lot like what's inside the SA-1010 receiver. It's almost an exact match, right down to the relay in the top center.

I am horribly remiss...!

Perhaps I must give up all of my Technics equipment for such a gaffe. :nono:

I'll just do my best to rectify the situation. I've got a lot of receivers, many of them the slimline types from the 1980s. Nearly all are STK-XXXX module powered.

Receivers (the only thing I've got a definite listing of models for)
SA-110 (some heathens threw this in the trash, works perfectly, looks good)
SA-120
SA-150
SA-190
SA-210
SA-310 (blew the STK module in this one, later fixed it)
SA-560
SA-929 (the first functional Technics slimline receiver I found)
SA-1010 (a beast and functional, but it needs a LOT of help)
SA-5170 (oops! forgot this one...my only 1970s model, VG cosmetics and 100% functional)

It's hard to pick a favorite out of the bunch. The SA-560 is a very strong performer.

Some pictures of various pieces...maybe I'll take more later:

An SA-190 in very clean condition, apart from some smudges
sa190small.jpg

SA-560 obtained from an electronics recycler with burnt out lights
DSC04579.JPG

Someone put a few moderate bends and one dimple in the cover of the SA-560. I was able to carefully work them out.

Outside of the power amp module I blew, these sets have been reliable. The SA-560 needed a protection relay replacement and I've had to replace some of the 194 bulbs that illuminate the tuning displays or bezels on some models. I love their looks and every one sounds great.

I have a number of Technics cassette decks, turntables (almost all linear trackers), a few CD players, and one five disc CD changer. There is one lonely Technics speaker that was rescued from the curb. I should try to find another one like it.

I had an SA-310 with a failed STK module. I seem to recall that mine had issues with running hot. After about an hour, the thermal light on the Computer Drive Monitor would go out and it would be quite hot to the touch.

If I knew what I know now when I was 12 years old, I'd have checked the bias. I knew about bias back then but I had no clue how to check it and I knew that if those variable resistors were turned the wrong way that I'd probably destroy it.

I didn't repair it, I used its parts to fix other units as it had numerous broken buttons (a common issue with these). The micro switches were fine; it's the plastics in the faceplate that break.

It was a heck of a machine for a middle school kid. I stepped up to an SA-AX530 with 80W/ch and Dolby Pro Logic when I was in 8th grade....then turned right around and upgraded to the SA-DA10 my freshman year of high school. The DA-10 remained in service until I got an HDTV. It would make a fine music system.

Let's see here...

That power section looks an awful lot like what's inside the SA-1010 receiver. It's almost an exact match, right down to the relay in the top center.

The SE-A5 and iirc the SA818 had this type of power amp section

And the SA-560 is SVI output which is alot more capable than the STK modules :D

Here's my technics micro setup, as complete as you can get.

Nice M03 :thmbsp: I'm on the lookout for a tape deck for my concise setup as it happens, hopefully an M02 if I can score a minter. Was it just the North American SE-C01s which came with an onboard pulse power supply? All the ones I see here in Europe seem to have the separate SH-C01 unit.

c01.jpg

Also pictured; SL-10 with original low-mileage EPS-310MC cart. Not pictured; SB-F3 speakers - taking up the two upper compartments of my 2x2 Expedit cabinet along with a handful of vinyl. I also have an ST-C03 tuner and SU-C03 integrated amp which is on extended loan to my brother-in-law to sit between his iMac and Dynaudio monitors.

Gotta love the Technics 315 series. My father's been rocking an SL-J1, ST-4L, SU-4 and RS-4 with SB-F44s since 1985 and it's never missed a beat. Recently scored him an SL-PJ33 CD player so he can belatedly enter the digital age. He didn't like the 'tinny' sound at the time but seems to have warmed to it over the decades.

I think it was only countries that run on 110-120 volts that don't use the outboard power supply.

The *restored* SU-8077

Just look at that pretty face....timeless industrial design.
PB030038-1.jpg

Immersion cleaned PCBs and chassis. Note the new caps everywhere...small electrolytics replaced with film. The op-amp was upgraded to an LM4562. S/N ratio is incredible.
PB030040.jpg

Technics M205
GEDC0736.jpg

This is one of the best sounding Cassette decks I have ever heard. Sorry for the bad quality, I had already uploaded this to Photobucket.

:noany 1 have info or manual for technics stack SUX520D Moved house lost manual for wiring no sounds ............
any info would be great

Just completed this system today with a pair of SB-A33's.
SU-G91 Integrated Amp
ST-K50 Tuner
SH-GE70 EQ
SL-PD827 5 Disc Changer
SL-BD20D Turntable
SB-A33 Speakers

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 106_0066.jpg
    106_0066.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 77
Nice M03 :thmbsp: I'm on the lookout for a tape deck for my concise setup as it happens, hopefully an M02 if I can score a minter. Was it just the North American SE-C01s which came with an onboard pulse power supply? All the ones I see here in Europe seem to have the separate SH-C01 unit.

c01.jpg

Also pictured; SL-10 with original low-mileage EPS-310MC cart. Not pictured;

Very clean and beautiful!

Here my best pics, I also have a CD player and the M85 tape deck. Still need a turntable, the 1300 one is the perfect match. No pic of it, but I have a BL1 for the small setup in the bedroom.

Bedroom setup:
2e2noro.jpg

Living room today:
143nc6t.jpg

Living room before the pro series:
ogw3f6_132190.jpg

vcdwh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom