Show us your workshop

:eek: DANG ! I have to get over there and build some speakers, just cause. :D

edit - was taking about this with the wife over lunch and she said I should just buy a nice table saw. Man, I love this woman. :D

Summer alternative play area

My real workshop is in the basement, but I took over the porch to goof with incoming & outgoing equipment. When I realized I had equipment from about 5 decades' span all gathered together, I snapped this pic. If you look close you can see:

pair white transmission line speakers sans drivers
pair AR-3A speakers
pair old Zenith console speakers with 12" drivers
pair JBL S-99 speakers
pair Advents with orig boxes
Harman-Kardon Citation 1 preamp
back of rebuilt SE integrated
Lazarus tube preamp
rebuilt console amp
Knight 6973 stereo integrated
Sony STR-6065
Marantz 2215
two CD players
variac

On the table are ziplocks of various 12AX7s
Under the table is a pair of Dyna PAS preamps
Boxed-up Newcomb tube amp

More tube misc on the right.
Right after I took the picture I added a pair of Rat Shack LX-4s for test-listening to the Citation.

OK! I'll bite... Here's my little hideaway

This is my little "shop of horrors"... he he... Well, to my wife anyway. :wave:

But this is also where I explore my new hobby. And I just realized where one of my SX-780's is going to live! I can't believe I don't have real tunes in there!

All I have is this 1980'ish Panasonic Boombox hanging on the back wall for tunes. Time for some bookshelf speakers!!!

I wonder if I can fit some CS-88A's up in the corners??? Hmmm.

Kinda funny, you can see the simpson and the old tube O'scope but my main tool is the new Ratshack DMM sitting next to the SX-1280.

Got tired of looking at my old but good replacement speakers hanging on the wall with nails.

Improved man cave...

Well,
Winter is coming so some preparations were in order. Change is good!

Moved from the leaky wall to the non-leaky wall (a big plus, notice the bucket behind the 1280 in my previous post)

Using my mule SX-780 and a recent set of rebuilt KLH 317's as near field monitors (new tweeters, new solder joints, original crossovers). CDP for a source but I love the tuners in these things. All on a new shelf.

Now have some bits and pieces strictly for audio stuff hangin' on the wall. If I can get TV and wireless internet out here in the shed it will be heaven on earth!!!

griz780

well, I have an Engine shop that I use for my electronics repair. I took this picture when it was finished being built and am put all my junk into it.

and a shot across the garage in the other direction. It seems like every flat surface is collecting audio gear.

- Pete

styler said:
kinda a neat freak, did your wife organize your shop?

No, that's me. I'm obsessive / compulsive and kind of drilled into me while working in military/NASA R&D. It can be a PITA trait but it sure makes for some very nice DIY electronics and wood working.
:yes:

actually looks great

if i had to choose any of the shops displayed, i'd choose yours! pretty nice set up and you can actually find that thingy when you need it.

Speaking of wood working. Here is my newest toy. Time to make some speakers.

I dont have a pic yet, but i bought thru pawn shops:

portable circular saw (Porter Cable)
Router (Craftsman)
sander (Black and Decker)
huge drill bit set from DeWalt
Jig Saw (DeWalt)
Shop-Vac (great thing to have)

All to build myself some subwoofer enclosures and stuff for the house...I already bought some pine for corber shelves...

The working surface are 2 Sansui speakers to whom i can clamp things to! :banana:

You really wanna see a mess?
My little corner of the world.
I could try to kid you all that it is not always like this, when i have something large in I just have to sweep most things aside, or work on the floor :)

Back
Top Bottom