Show your Bicycle !

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by SX550, Jun 28, 2015.

1. armyslowrdr

armyslowrdr I don't want one..LOL

asilker, bikehomero and Wildcat like this.
  2. ooba tooba

ooba tooba Super Member

Posted here last year, but just cleaned her up. My 1965 Sears Spaceliner Deluxe. A few degrees warmer and I'm taking her out!
    image.jpeg

tcdriver, SX550, avionic and 3 others like this.
  3. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Bikes were a passion of mine many years ago. As a kid I raced BMX in Chandler. Also loved very early Freestyle bikes. My son found out about some of my old bikes and for the past few years we have restored a few. This is one of my pride and joys. It sucked having it repainted but it was already resprayed the wrong color when I got it. I prefer "survivors" but seeing as there was somewhere in the area of 200, or less, of these made in 1984, the chances of finding one was nil. It took me over 2 years to source the parts for this one. Oh, its a very rare 1984 Redline RL-20II, Japanese made frame/fork set.
    [​IMG]

I have a few others, including my sons baby, a 1983 Haro freestyler. Will have to get some better pictures of all of them.

jami w., furious_01 and MaxxVolume like this.
  4. armyslowrdr

armyslowrdr I don't want one..LOL

It's all mine now.. Custom ordered from the factory in Italy back in Oct/Nov time frame. Will have a very short ride in the neighborhood, then next weekend "Salado Smokin Spokes" event.

[​IMG]italiano-2230 by Pete K, on Flickr

[​IMG]italiano-2235 by Pete K, on Flickr

[​IMG]italiano-2233 by Pete K, on Flickr

bikehomero, cor0086 and MaxxVolume like this.
  5. marqueemoon

marqueemoon Gimme indie rock!

Nice bikes!

Here's my latest project - an early 90's Davidson frame (local Seattle builder who's still at it). I built the wheels and a friend helped me set up the tires tubeless. I got a cheap Ultegra 6800 group from Ribble and found the Ritchey WCS shallow bars on ebay. The Salsa stem I have been hoarding for years just waiting for the right bike to put it on. :) What's holding me up is the stop on the chainstay for the rd housing takes a weird stepdown ferrule. Hopefully I can track something down and have it cabled up and on the road this weekend.

[​IMG]

armyslowrdr likes this.
  6. marqueemoon

marqueemoon Gimme indie rock!

7. JLange2010

JLange2010 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Here's three in my stable that I think represent new manufacturers to this thread
    : My "summer" bike, Merckx AXM, Campy Record 11 build
    The Salsa Vaya rain bike, Ultegra triple build
    My beloved Miyata 1100, a late 70's classic, I believe, that I've owned since new. My uncle was the importer back in the day. Previous to Miyata, he imported Gitanes. I had an early 70's touring Gitane that I wish was still around.

8. Frankie's Market

Frankie's Market AK Member Subscriber

Trek Bike.JPG This is my Trek 730 Multi-track, I had been using my Raleigh road bike for years, about ten years ago I saw this listed for free in a local paper. I figured I would check it out but expected it to be too small for me (I'm about 6'1" ). I checked it out, fit me just fine. I gave it to a friend, he used it for two years, then gave it to my teenage son. My son lost interest in it, I started riding it ( now that I'm older I really don't care for dropped handlebars) and fell in love with it! I use it all the time, yesterday I took it for a thirty mile ride. I don't know if it is standard, but the seat post and handle bar stem have a "shock absorber" in them. Nothing fancy, but a nice ride for sure! Trek Bike.JPG

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  9. K_50

K_50 Active Member

I spent this afternoon converting my '95 Sunn Vertik 2 to a single speed, and doing some long overdue general maintenance.

Before:

[​IMG]

After (it still needs a trip to the mechanic for some issues I'm not confident fixing myself, but overall I'm quite pleased with the result):

[​IMG]

My winter/bad weather bike:

[​IMG]

I sold this Battaglin road bike last year. I wasn't happy to see it go, as it was in excellent condition, and rode very well. But the 52cm. frame was just a bit too small for me to ride it comfortably.

[​IMG]

MaxxVolume likes this.
  10. bikehomero

bikehomero Active Member

My old Specailized Allez Epic:

_MG_5222.JPG L1030925.JPG L1030926.JPG L1030927.JPG

MaxxVolume and HarmanKardon like this.
  11. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Addicted Member

Nice! Have you won any races? Suntour Suberbe Pro never got the respect of Campy or Dura Ace, but it was as good for sure. Ive got the old suberbe pro friction shifters on my main ride and a S.P. front derailleur as well(and a set of those suntour sealed bearing pulleys in my Mavic 851 rear derailler). The suberbe pro classic quill pedal was something I always wanted. Two sealed bearings, super smooth, and sweet looking. I remember wanting that rear derailleur as well, though the previous model looked cooler (and retailed for $35, back when quality parts were much more affordable).

12. bikehomero

bikehomero Active Member

No races. Suntour TOTL groupsets were really at the top in this days. Their problem was not to have anything near to Shimanos Hyperglide.

13. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

14. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan AK Member

15. tiretread

tiretread New Member

My Surly Long Haul Trucker. Built this frame up a few years ago. Heavy but smooth as silk on the road.

[​IMG]

Dingman, MaxxVolume and bikehomero like this.
  16. bikehomero

bikehomero Active Member

TREK OCLV, it was the first edition from 1992.

P1010038.JPG L1030867.JPG L1030882.JPG

MaxxVolume and tiretread like this.
  17. tensleep

tensleep Addicted Member

Wow!!!! Great thread!!! I will read the whole thing this weekend, but I thought I'd go ahead and get in line.

I picked up my Cervelo last summer, used but damn near perfect. It is the best bike I'll ever own, probably, and possibly the best machine.

BTW, I picked up that bike stand yesterday at Aldi - $29.99

IMG_20170428_210932.jpg

image-20170428_212458.jpg

IMG_20170428_214648.jpg

Mystic and tiretread like this.
  18. tiretread

tiretread New Member

That stand rocks!

tensleep likes this.
  19. brminpin

brminpin AK Subscriber Subscriber

Careful! Only clamp the seatpost when working on the bike on the stand. Carbon tubes are very thin.

tensleep likes this.
  20. tensleep

tensleep Addicted Member

Yes! I turned it over so the weight is hanging down, no clamping force.