Show your Bicycle !

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by SX550, Jun 28, 2015.

1. bikehomero

bikehomero Active Member

Today i've reactivated my good old Dagger:

DSC_0601.JPG DSC_0589.JPG DSC_0598.JPG DSC_0592.JPG

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    soundmotor, SX550, Jailtime and 2 others like this.
  2. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

^ Beautiful mtn bike, man!

bikehomero likes this.
  3. Wildcat

Wildcat "Boat Wake", 1966 (Pete Turner, R.I.P.) Subscriber

I like my current two-wheeler, but I've had a couple of upgrade itches lately. I have not acted on them. ;) I was looking for a "commuter" type of bike for running errands, and locally a Specialized Expedition came up for sale. The difference is that the seating position is further back, so the riding position is more upright. It still has a suspension front fork and a spring seat post, so taking all of those curbs and bumps in the local roads won't be so jarring. I may get my better half this same bike in the "low entry" version, as she currently has a Giant Sedona from about a dozen years ago--it's a solid bike, but not very comfortable to ride (given her health issues). The seating position of the Expedition would be easier on the wrists and the back. I can find deals on brand new models that are from 2015 still. (2017 discontinued the Expedition, replacing it with the Roll, which loses some of the features.)

For the trail, however, I was eyeballing a new Specialized Sirrus Sport Carbon, which has the carbon frame. I've read that the Sirrus (even w/o the full carbon frame) is a fast bike. Rather than a suspension fork, the Sirrus has what are called Zertz inserts which absorb some of the road shock. This setup has the flat handlebar and disc brakes that I prefer. I just don't like the color (a drab mix of charcoal/carbon grey/red...ugh). I may wait until next season and see what they offer next year for color choices.

4. Zeego

Zeego Illegitimi non carborundum Subscriber

5. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

What a beauty ! Is that the Cinelli stem with the hidden binder bolt ?

6. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Addicted Member

Everyone forgets about Greg LeMond. He was the original badass. Ive got one of those Cinellis. As long as you dont strip the allen, youre good.

asilker likes this.
  7. bikehomero

bikehomero Active Member

Here some fotof from my Pesenti. It's custom geometry is fillet brazed.

L1040343.JPG L1040350.JPG L1040352.JPG L1040351.JPG L1040348.JPG L1040345.JPG

8. Zeego

Zeego Illegitimi non carborundum Subscriber

Its a Shimano 600 Quill Stem with a hidden binder bolt. :D

9. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

I always liked the idea of hidden binder bolts. I was the first in my group to modify my brake mounting with Allen head binders (back in `76), and I had a machinist friend machine a custom-made sealed-bearing headset for my Raleigh Pro (visible in the second photo). Just about everything was DIY back then.... :)

Please excuse the dirtiness of the bike....it looks quite fugly at the moment !

upload_2017-5-25_20-49-56.png

upload_2017-5-25_20-51-26.png

upload_2017-5-25_20-53-26.png

10. brminpin

brminpin AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well, finally decided I'm going to try to commute to work on a regular basis. Good excuse to get a new bike. :biggrin:

Trek District IGH-3. Belt drive with 3 speeds in the hub and mechanical disc brakes.

[​IMG]

Dingman and MaxxVolume like this.
  11. K_50

K_50 Active Member

1995 Sunn x 2:

[​IMG]

MaxxVolume likes this.
  12. onepixel

onepixel .

1985 Trek Antelope MTB that I got, when new.

front.jpg rear.jpg

My current ride, 2000 Klein Pulse Comp.

Klein.jpg

MaxxVolume likes this.
  13. jami w.

jami w. just being me thats all

Nothing special here- 40 bucks got me a mongoose 24" 21 spd mountain bike.

Only sweet deal was the fox racing rear shock and fork shocks, oil filled dampers also fox racing. Ive done about 20 miles so far. 20170623_062810.jpg 20170623_062805.jpg

MaxxVolume likes this.
  14. dwaller131

dwaller131 AK Subscriber Subscriber

[​IMG]

2011 Colnago M10, custom painted.

Dingman, asilker and MaxxVolume like this.
  15. Jailtime

Jailtime Standin' on a corner

2015 Surly Ice Cream Truck converted to 29er/29+ capability. Rockshox Yari RC fork, Onyx Racing hubs.

IMG_7341.JPG

asilker likes this.
  16. Old Ears too

Old Ears too Active Member

Here's my old man bike attached to the car for it's trip home from the beach. Bike path is really the only place I feel safe riding with all the crazy driver's we have around here now. I must be getting old.
    bikefixed.jpg

17. Wildcat

Wildcat "Boat Wake", 1966 (Pete Turner, R.I.P.) Subscriber

That's about the only place I like riding anymore myself. We have enough nearby rail trails and connecting trails and bike routes that I can keep myself busy. (Google Maps is great for finding bike trails in the area.) Commuting or even just running local errands would be nice, but I want to live to see next week.

Got another bike to post once I get a pic of it...

18. SX550

SX550 Well-Known Member

bikehomero likes this.
  19. asilker

asilker Bible Reader Subscriber

SWEET.

Dig the steel?

I'm waiting to finish up a few things in my system and build a little bit of MTB skill up this season. If I can work on some basic bunnyhop, Endo, balance stuff and gety 604 crossovers figured out, I think it'll be a new 1x bike for me next year. Yours looks AWESOME.

20. Jailtime

Jailtime Standin' on a corner

I love the steel frame, the compliance you read about is real. Much more forgiving on rough gravel roads that I grind around here.