Show your Bicycle !

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by SX550, Jun 28, 2015.

1. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

Recent dump rescue & refurb, Trek 830 gas pipe. It got new tubes, seat & rack. It is one of the most comfortable bikes I've had and very quiet -

[​IMG]

Part of a his & hers set, hers has gone on to a new owner -

[​IMG]

2. Man in Cave

Man in Cave The Tube Dreamer Is Awake Subscriber

008.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG

I'll ride. I bought this Schwinn Tempo new back in '85 while in the Navy. It was a lot of money for me back then, around $350.00, and I had to make payments for a couple months before I could take it. It's the tall frame, 25" I believe. I practically dug it out of the shed because I've not rode for years. It's fast, light (about 25lbs), still in fine shape and original but for the seat and rubber. A bit scratched up, and could use some conditioning but It feels so good getting back on and riding. Thanks for lookin'. Just keep riding...

S.J.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  3. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8641 Subscriber

Love that Ibis ,,, great looker and looks extremely functional ...

Here's my current ride. It's a Rad Rover eBike. Crowd funded so excellent price, and a quality product. :thumbsup:
    (disclaimer - no affiliation, other than being a satisfied owner)

[​IMG]

(I've added a nice rear rack and bags since, and a springed seat post to soak up the bumps. Pure creature comfort, that.)

Had issues with my knees and needed some help, so I got me an eBike. One of my regular runs is going around 11 miles round trip to town for a cup of coffee using the local rails to trails which is just a hop skip and a jump from my house. Going there is easy as there's a gradual slope down, but of course, that makes coming back harder. I peddle without power assist getting there, and kick it on at level 2 coming back. The "brain" has sensors on the peddle hub that provide just the right amount of assist to keep the pedals moving at your selected pace. Another fav feature is the twist throttle which is excellent for powering across busy streets after coming to a full stop to wait for traffic. All in all, a great investment.

(And contrary to public opinion, they ARE legal on the trails, no matter how many "motorized vehicles prohibited" signs you see. Please review the Americans With Disabilities Act revisions of 2011. Truth be told, I get a LOT of comments on the bike, lot of questions, and nary a complaint from other riders about cheating or bending the rules.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    restorer-john likes this.
  4. restorer-john

restorer-john Super Member

Wow, that is just truly beautiful. That headset is gorgeous and the Suginos are classic!

My road bikes are in storage, but I think this thread makes me want to get back on them. I have a gorgeous Miki Tange 900 frame, loaded with Shimano 105 and biopace cranks, toeclip 105 pedals and downtube shifters, Arayas etc, from 1986/7 and a similar Ishiwata 4130 based similar sized 24/25" loaded with earlier 105 gear. I love those old bikes. :)

Not interested in modern bikes, their fashion of changing each year and give me proper Japanese steel in my frames!

Man in Cave likes this.
  5. Man in Cave

Man in Cave The Tube Dreamer Is Awake Subscriber

Thanks a bunch. I've been out of it for so long that the prices for new bikes are simply shocking. I've no doubt technology has improved weight and speed and power and such but I'll likely not buy new as long as I can keep mine rolling. Treks abound in my neck of the woods as I live very close to the Trek plant here in WI, and my town store sells a lot of them. Just it bit above my pay grade.

S.J.

6. Danddd

Danddd AK Subscriber Subscriber

Got my dream bike 11 years ago, a Litespeed Classic with Shimano Dura Ace and Brooks titanium rail seat. Always wanted a Ti bike. My other bikes are a '72 Fuji Finest(catalog photo), bought used in 1976 and my everyday bike for 30 years. And a Specialized Sequoia for the gravel trails around my locale. Litespeed.jpg
    FujFineL.jpg

MaxxVolume and asilker like this.
  7. K_50

K_50 Member

1995 Sunn Vertik 2 & BMX Cruiser

[​IMG]

8. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

What have I done? Deal too good to pass up, a Moulton and a Raleigh Twenty folder -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MaxxVolume, restorer-john and asilker like this.
  9. restorer-john

restorer-john Super Member

That raleigh is a 70s classic. Flat steel 20" wheels? Same as the Dragster Raleigh forks with that inverted dome cap on the fork top. 3 speed hub? I love that era, just a bit scared of folders back in the day.

10. K_50

K_50 Member

My cruiser at the local BMX track

[​IMG]

MaxxVolume likes this.
  11. shrinkboy

shrinkboy AK Subscriber Subscriber

12. tcdriver

tcdriver AK Subscriber Subscriber

Raleigh Sports - 1974

Entering Monterey from Seaside
    Monterey Sign (640x480).jpg

The Harbor - Monterey, CA
    IMG_0051 (640x480).jpg

13. K_50

K_50 Member

^^ You're the one in black, I guess?
    Velodrome cycling is bad ass! I'd really like to try it someday.