Show your Bicycle !

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by SX550, Jun 28, 2015.

1. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

Indeed ! IMHO, Clement Criterium Seta (230 gram SILK !) tires stood head and shoulders above all others as far as feel, resilience, and weight advantage went.
    Back in those days, I spent a fair amount of my disposable income on silk tires and wool shorts & jerseys (Emily K, and Oliver "Butch" Martin were my favorites for merino wool riding gear).

ilusndweller likes this.
  2. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Addicted Member

So you remember the days before the nashbar catalogs with the hand drawn pictures. Ive got some Detto Pietro shoes. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  3. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

Yes indeed !
    We used to frequent Kopp`s Cyclery in Princeton NJ, in the days when both Dick Swann and Fred DeLong were there....now THAT was an experience ! :) That place was like Disneyland for cyclists, riders from all over the place would show up there, the parking lot was full of top-of-the-line bikes....Masi, Colnago, Olmo, Bottechia, Bianchi (in that funky green that they called "Celeste"), Schwinn Paramounts, Raleigh Pro`s, Teledyne Titans, customs from Jim Redcay, Tom Kellogg, tandems from the likes of Bob Jackson and Santana, you name it, it showed up at Kopp`s....
    I really miss those days !

ilusndweller likes this.
  4. ilusndweller

Nice! Ive decided to open up the time capsule in search if the Detto Pietros.

IMG_2772.JPG

MaxxVolume likes this.
  5. ilusndweller

All kinds of goodies in here lol. "Dairy cattle" pattern Scott bar tape, hollowed-pin Regina chain, and machined Sugino crank from an 85 Cannondale SR300.
    IMG_2774.JPG

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  6. K_50

K_50 Active Member

Winter is coming, so I built a "garage" for my bikes today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. K_50

K_50 Active Member

"New" beater/winter bike.

[​IMG]

soundmotor and MaxxVolume like this.
  8. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

Is that chain pre-rusted in anticipation?

asilker likes this.
  9. K_50

K_50 Active Member

Haha, not quite. It's just been sitting unused outside the previous owner's place for some time.

10. Danddd

Danddd AK Subscriber Subscriber

I still have the tubular rims for my 72 Fuji Finest. I may have to look at seeing if I can find any 27” tubular tires for it. You guys have reminded me how much fun they were.

11. K_50

K_50 Active Member

I just found this one today, after it had been stolen friday night. It isn't worth much, money-wise, but I've put a lot of hours into restoring it, and it rides great,so I was seriously bummed when it suddenly wasn't where I'd left it.