Show your JBLs off

Wow very heavy metal looking! I love the exposed shiny screwheads. It makes em' look like evil. I can imagine the speakers saying "Hey you! You on the couch! You want a piece of this, buddy?"

Nice work. But I'd like to know how they sound without the L-91 lens. Inquiring minds wanna know!

My Stuff

Here are my 4430's and stuff, the 4430's are sitting on a pair of JBL N65 Radience, which I think are great speaker stands. Other than that I have ARC D60, Altec 9444A studio amp, Marantz PM6 Esotec integrated, Cal Audio CL-15 CD, Marantz 6100 TT
system.gif

I am really glad I started this thread I have seen some boss JBL's that shows what JBL is all about the MUSIC :thmbsp:

Ron

Pioneer727 said:
I am really glad I started this thread I have seen some boss JBL's that shows what JBL is all about the MUSIC :thmbsp:

Ron

I can see this thread getting me in trouble Ron..... :nono:

Anybody bringing any 'big' JBLs to AK Fest? I'd like to wheel them into my room (or vice versa) and do some comparision listening tests to big Klipsch speakers.

I'm currently looking for a pair of lenses for the black JBL's. I think it will soften the sound a bit. If you hit them with too much power the horns and tweeters will pretty much blow your ears out. I spent about 25-30 hours sanding and reshaping the cabinets before painting. They were a mess when I got them. Who knows the stories these speakers could tell about the what went on around them before I got them. I'm sure they saw a few illegal activities. They're 3/4 of the way completed now. You should have seen my wife's face when she first saw them. They were beat up walnut cabs with no grills. I told her that I bought them for what was inside and that I could make them look better. She kind of likes them now because anytime we have company all they do is rave about those big JBL's. They've never seen anything like them. I just tell them that there is still stuff like this around, but you won't find it at the Bose store. Brad

Part of restored collection with 250ti, L100, Jubals and a painted white beast to be restored (Re-veneered) in the future

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 849
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 593
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 399
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 483
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 737
Caddydoc, that's some serious sound you've got there. Everything looks to be in nice shape. I like the Jubal's, ESS's, and all the rest. What are the speakers in the larger cab far left btween the Bic's and the Pioneer's called? Brad

Caddydoc, that's some serious sound you've got there. Everything looks to be in nice shape. I like the Jubal's, ESS's, and all the rest. What are the speakers in the larger cab far left btween the Bic's and the Pioneer's called? Brad

Brad, Marantz Imperial 9's

cadillacdoc said:
Part of restored collection with 250ti, L100, Jubals and a painted white beast to be restored (Re-veneered) in the future

oooooohhh, a Paragon. I'd love to hear what that sounds like when it's restored/reconed/recapped

cadillacdoc said:
Brad, Marantz Imperial 9's

Would those be the ones you got off me a year or so ago? If so they look much better than the last time I saw them!

Love that Paragon!

as i look to my right from where i sit at one of my computers..........

this is the sight i see,JBL, for my ears, as you can see :music: .great post ,thanks for starting it . :thmbsp:

Attachments

• Jbl.jpg
    Jbl.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 366
These showed up at my office on Friday. Someone refoamed them with the non-oem foam and dust cap. They still sound nice but I may redo them to be factory correct. They have the blue cloth grills. Anyone recognize the stands?

L36office.jpg

Cleve said:
rgrjit8 said:
Now those are VERY impressive. 265 lbs apiece! That's what I call a speaker. How is the bass with those? Do you use the JBL crossover and card system, or do you have multiple amps?

Thanks, no JBL active crossover. I'm getting by with a Crown VFX-2. A pretty common unit, but it gets the basic job done. They are set up to be biamped, you couldn't run them with a single amp if you wanted to. 290 hz and below go to the two woofers. The treble amp goes to an internal xover and is split 3 ways.

Honestly, my room isn't big enough for it. Yes, I can ripple the floorboards but that isn't what good listening is all about.
I find that I get more satisfaction from the comparativeyl puny XPL-200s. They're detailed as hell. Last night I put on a Rolling Stones compilation During "Angie" I thought I heard my dog whining outside. It turned out to be Keith or Ron sliding his hands on the guitar neck.

The only reason I have those 4355s is sheer dumb luck. I'm not wealthy or connected to the music industry in any way. I had to run to the computer for information before I even knew what the guy was offering me.

Justen said:
Would those be the ones you got off me a year or so ago? If so they look much better than the last time I saw them!

Love that Paragon!

No, but I did get those restored to a very acceptable condition. good to hear from you. Ya' doin' OK?
Don

Back
Top Bottom