shows that gotta go!!!!!!!

Kptn Howdie

:uzi: rachael ray
deal or no deal:puke2:

the first one couldn`t cook her way out of a wet paper bag, what rock did she crawl out from under......

and that no talent a$$ clown, former germaphobe howdie mandel. everytime i turn on the tube that bald headed boob is on for 2 hrs at a time. wtf is happening to T.V. flushed down the toilet........:pistols:

oh yeah and survivor blows dog too!!:boring:

The 175 different iterations of "Lawn Order" & "CSI" are pretty tiring, too...Mad Magazine did a parody of "Gray's Anatomy" called "Groin's Monotony" that was spot-on, & really better than the show, as "Mad" parodies tend to be anyway..."Judge Judy" is OK, I guess, but most all of the imitators are pretty awful. The trainwreck, "Jerry Springer"-"I CAN'T believe I'm watchin' this sh!t, but when does it come on again ?" I guess everybody loves watching Po' White Trash making raw fools outta themselves..

Yep, decent tee-vee is hard to come by these days. I like Slaw & Odor, but like Sandy, have tired of the zillion variations of it. I thought it would have been more interesting to have kept to the original Law & Order title and airing schedule and just rotate the various L&O shows in sequence. I love Judge Judy. She has no problem telling idiots that they are just that.

All of the reality shows, all of the sit coms, all of the game shows, all of the LONG commercials, (We pay for the privilege now, why do they still need commercials? Oh yeah, Corporate greed) all of the all of the pseudo dramas, most of the "sports".. (Did I miss anything?)

You know, I can live quite nicely without TV at all. A few movies now and then and I'm getting interested in some of the documentaries again, but for the most part, I'd rather listen to music.

The cooking shows- Paula Deen...Everybody's favorite zaftig mad aunt...Nigella Bites- Damn woman reminds me of a black widow spider...I remember Graham Kerr, the Galloping Gourmet...He was funny & dirty as hell..Julia Child..The best send-up of her was that "Sat Nite Live" riff where she-Dan Aykroyd, IIRC-cut "her" artery in her wrist, & bled to death on camera..

outlawmws said:
All of the reality shows, all of the sit coms, all of the game shows, all of the LONG commercials, (We pay for the privilege now, why do they still need commercials? Oh yeah, Corporate greed) all of the all of the pseudo dramas, most of the "sports".. (Did I miss anything?)

You know, I can live quite nicely without TV at all. A few movies now and then and I'm getting interested in some of the documentaries again, but for the most part, I'd rather listen to music.

its funny, tv used to be free, you through up your antenna and watch away (through the fuzz sometimes). now we pay large dollers for sat dishes and digital cable boxes and we have 100+ channels of crap to sift through plus the commercials. :dammit:

i`m with you outlaw, i`d rather listen to music:music:

What's that horrid shite that usually comes on between 7 & 8 before the networks come on & make all the local stations behave ? Oh, yeah- Gunky Renker, or Gooey Wanker, or somesuch..I THINK it has something to do w/make-up, WHY does it need to be on 5-7 days a week ?!? And those gawdawful "shows" that are nothing but half-or-full hour commercials shilling Time-Life's latest retread collection of Hits from the Fifties ? Or Sixties? Or Seventies? The only good thing about 'em is laughing at Annette Funicello & Troy Donohue, or some other broken down warhorse, & wondering how much plastic surgery they've had, or hoping their pacemakers might konk out while they're shakin' their moneymakers to "Poetry in Motion".. I'm a mean ol' bastard, ain't I ? <grin>

I'm just glad "Friends" died. Finally.
What I can't stand are the tabloid shows like ET, Inside Edition, Access Hollywood, or the flamin' PBS beg-a-thons that come on like clockwork every two months. Who the hell really wants to see Roy Orbison again and again and again? It's gotten to the point where the only shows I give a crap about are "Family Guy" and Letterman.
Tom

OvenMaster said:
What I can't stand are the tabloid shows like ET, Inside Edition, Access Hollywood, or the flamin' PBS beg-a-thons that come on like clockwork every two months. Who the hell really wants to see Roy Orbison again and again and again? It's gotten to the point where the only shows I give a crap about are "Family Guy" and Letterman.
Tom

Every time they had a good program like Charlotte Church or Celtic Woman or Sarah Brightman, it's a darn BEG-A-THON!!! I used to give for the cause, but it got where I could not see a decent show without all the begging and whining. :tears:

Between the gov't $ and corporate sponsors, if they can't make it - then go away. The whole PBS thing got started when they were 3 channels on other than them. Now you can watch the 24 hour porcupine mating channel or whatever. The politics of PBS type channels are far too left-leaning for me.

Just like AMTRAK, if you can't make - see ya.

are you smarter than a fifth grader is one of the worst shows I have ever seen.:wtf:

Seinfeld reruns for me, thank you very much.:thmbsp:

Do they pick women to go w/Regis Philbin as in "Live wRegis And....." on the basis of their stupidity and/or insipid-ness? Cathy Lee Epstein was bad enuff, then they got that dizzy bint Kelli Zippa, (Pippa,Tippa, Rippa, who cares?) who looked like she thought every utterance from that old fraud's mouth was really from the Oracle At Delphi, or somesuch. Ok, she was cute as a Bug's Ear, but I honestly think you coulda stuck a Marlboro Lites 100s in her ear, & drew it thru the other side. Worse of all, she'd prolly never have noticed...

I don't think anything necessarily needs to go because I get to turn the channel any time I want. However, in a culture in which a woman whose only truly notable skill is having huge knockers becomes a megacelebrity, and whose death is covered to far greater detail than the death of president (got WAY more ink than Jerry Ford's departure from the planet, and he presided over one of the more remarkable periods in history), and in which complete imbeciles like Paris Hilton (saw about 30 seconds of her "program" a couple of minutes ago while surfing, but it was a good 30 seconds because she was writhing on the ground after apparently falling from a horse) and Nicole Richie are famous, i'm game for LOTS of channel changing.

And obviously lots of people are NOT smarter than fifth graders, because they continue to watch the dreck the programming people throw (up) at us.

Clarence said:
are you smarter than a fifth grader is one of the worst shows I have ever seen.:wtf:

I'd guess if you were watching it, the answer would be "No".

Personally, I haven't watched much network TV aside from the NFL for years. Old movies on AMC, TNT, or TMC, and regular programming on Discovery, History, Bravo, TLC, Nat. Geo. pretty much sum it up for me.
Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, flipping and remodeling shows, and documentaries are the standard fare for me.

But I did find out that BBC1 has Mrs. Peel on at 5PM daily :thmbsp:

OvenMaster said:
Tom

The death of a popular show is our guarantee we will see that show interminably on innumerable channels. When they are in production,
it's on once, perhaps twice in a week. Once they go into syndication,
they appear all over the cable/satellite dial. As someone already pointed out, the sun never sets on the CSI and Law & Order empires.

Andyman is right. True, but strange, I have seen no fewer than a dozen stellar shows about ancient history lately. The advantage of comic book looks at historical events such as the battle of Thermopylae or the sinking of the Titanic is the FACTUAL channels jump in with everything they have on the subjects.

Only thing I actually sit in front of the TV to watch is the History Channel, every day on my lunch break I see Modern Marvels. I also watch NCIS sometimes, but most everything else I download. I don't actually own a tv set of my own, the only one is the one in the living room which I seldom actually "live" in. Most everything else I download to view, eliminates the commercials problems and I don't have to schedule my life around the tv.

Back
Top Bottom