Shuffle Up Or Shuffle Down Word Game

musichal

poet emeritus
Either add a letter, or delete one, then make a new word.

Example

WORD

You can add any letter, like e, for rowed. Or delete any letter, like w, for rod:

ADDING a Letter (shuffle up)
rowed
sword
words
world

Deleting a letter (shuffle down)
row
rod
DOW

Once it's down to three letters, you must add a letter. No one-or-two-letter words allowed.

Okay, first word:

matter

DNU - could we have a ruling on post #2? It did not increase or decrease the letter count, which I thought was required (?) END DNU

EDIT: I reread the examples, and I see that it is apparently OK to change a letter, but the rules didn't say that.

Second Edit: I now realize that all the exampes refer to the first word "WORD" and did either increase or decrease the letter count by one.

Last edited:
DNU - could we have a ruling on post #2? It did not increase or decrease the letter count, which I thought was required (?) END DNU

According to the OP, a letter added or subtracted is necessary. The original letters should be used, and can be rearranged to form a new word with the letter addition or subtraction. Nothing about changing only one letter, as I think we already have change one letter games.

ambles

{Your word should have either one more, or one less letter than the previous word, and share all other letters with the previous. IOW, you cannot change a letter, but you can choose to add one. Or to delete one. But not both.}

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom