Shure M7D?

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by JohnVF, Sep 17, 2010.

1. beatcomber

beatcomber AK Member

Good points, Todd.

I wonder if a Shure SC35C would be a good choice for you? They're cheap, sound good, and require very high VTF.

Todd Dodds likes this.
  2. Johncan

Johncan returning member Subscriber

I use my M3D on an unmodified AR TT. It does not pick up all the pops and ticks that my other turntables & styli do. I use it for old stereo and mono LPs that are less than VG. This is not my main rig.

3. Todd Dodds

Todd Dodds AK Subscriber Subscriber

If you put a good, clean LP on, how much fidelity do you lose? I hope and suspect not much?

4. gary7

gary7 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Mine is very dynamic. I played a Sheffield Lab D2D album the other night. Gave me chills.

beatcomber likes this.
  5. Johncan

Johncan returning member Subscriber

I lose a little versus my Shure's V15 III and IV with Jico SAS and NeoSAS styli, but that is to be expected. The M3D still sounds really good to me, but not as good as the Shure V15 III & IV. I like the M3D.

malden likes this.
  6. gary7

gary7 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Being an elliptical cart buyer for the past fortysomething years, I never gave much attention to conical carts. I am very and pleasantly surprised at the sound quality of the 87D cart.

7. vinyldavid

vinyldavid Proud Jaguar Owner! Subscriber

I stumbled across three NIB N21D's in the haul that got me that lone Patrician a few years ago. I haven't done anything with them yet! Hopefully I'll be able to get my pretty ROK B12 repaired and mount it on that! Right now it's S220 arm sports a VR22.

8. KentTeffeteller

KentTeffeteller Gimpus Stereophilus!

That, my great friend is a score. If ya get stuck on the B12, I can help ya.