Shure V-15 lll

Fishstink

Got one of these today on the end of a tonearm to a Yamaha YP-701 TT. I've never heard a V-15 and I know many of of you Karmites love these cartridges. What can I expect from it as far as sound characteristics, and what do you like about these? Thanks for your comments.

The great thing about the Shure V15 series is they're pretty neutral; that is, they don't pump up any frequencies at the expense of others. Some prefer the model you have, the V-15 III, to the more recent versions. That said, the III's need some attention to sound their best. They prefer an extremely lightweight arm and interconnects with extremely low capacitance. I'm not familiar with your Yamaha TT, but if it's from the mid-80's it's probably a great match with the Shure.

I concur with BillyBuck regarding the sound of the Shure. I've got one sitting on the end of my Thorens TD-145 arm, and it tracks just about anything I've thrown at it, even the most warped records, while still sounding 1st rate. You also have the benefit of the Shure replacement stylus program. Check it out on their web site.

Back
Top Bottom