Shutting Down Sunday 4/8/18 for a software update, What Will We Do?

4-2-7

Smart Ass
Sponsor
Well, we're going to shoot the shit in this thread about how we can't live without the site. And we don't even know how long it will be off line. You know stuff happens but we'll knock on wood that everything goes smooth for Luther.

Oh did I mention I'll be giving a free year subscription to the last two post in this thread before we go black?

BTW stay on topic witch is anything we want, well almost:p

Thanks for the heads up! Maybe I will do some needed spring cleaning, and add to the stuff I will bring to next month's AK gathering for the swap tables!

The AR's will be replacing a set of series 1 Heresys in the living rm. Well to be accurate, the Heresys are recently out of rotation with a pair of Jamo C103's currently sitting on top of the twin Dayton Sub 1200's, nice setup, very holographic.

But I'm looking to try these sans subs for a cleaner look in the living rm. If I can catch the Jamo C109 in black on sale for $199 each like they have with the white recently then that's my first choice. But I've been kicking myself since 1991 when I let my brother have my AR 12's so maybe these will hit the right buttons in the interim.

Last edited:
what time zone is ak on ?
Time zone doesn't matter, staff and all will see the last two post because there will be a gap and time when they shut down.

The only way we will not is if they have to backup past this thread and we loose everything for a day or so.

Time zone doesn't matter, staff and all will see the last two post because there will be a gap and time when they shut down.
The only way we will not is if they have to backup past this thread and we loose everything for a day or so.

We shouldn't lose anything, unless there is a catastrophic failure and we need to rebuild from a backup. Not likely but never say never.

Don't forget about the unofficial AK IRC chatroom at #audiokarma. Point your browser towards https://chat.mibbit.com (or use your favorite IRC client), and punch in the following info:

Server: irc.mibbit.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #audiokarma
Nick: Your AK handle

Not sure when the official AK chatroom will be coming back (hopefully at some point), but for now, I've been hanging out in there most nights. Hope to see you there! :)
-Adam

Last edited:
We shouldn't lose anything, unless there is a catastrophic failure and we need to rebuild from a backup. Not likely but never say never.
I know we're knocking on wood all goes smoothly for you tomorrow Luther.

Can you do me a favor, and you be the judge of the last two post and the winners of free subscriptions?
I'm sure Ernie could also step in if you can't check back to this thread.

I'll probably be testing the latest stuff that Logitech cooked up for me for the Luxman TP-117 remote control through a Harmony and maybe cleaning and playing the last few LPs I've picked up. Maybe I will organize the LP collection.

Well, we're going to shoot the shit in this thread about how we can't live without the site. And we don't even know how long it will be off line. You know stuff happens but we'll knock on wood that everything goes smooth for Luther.

Oh did I mention I'll be giving a free year subscription to the last two post in this thread before we go black?

BTW stay on topic witch is anything we want, well almost:p

I will pick up the cost for the subscription for the 3rd to last post.

reason i asked was to know if it will be later today or maybe early Monday . UK might be 5 hours different one way or the other .

Back
Top Bottom