Sicario Sequel..... Day of the Soldado is out soon.

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Johnno_Oz, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Johnno_Oz

Johnno_Oz AK Subscriber Subscriber

One of my favourite films for the past couple of years Sicario, now has a sequel by the same director. Looks as if it will be as bleak, brutal, muddied & morally questionable in the view of right vs wrong (like the original) on the USA's war on drugs.

Critic's opinions so far seems positive.

slimecity and qdrone like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. qdrone

qdrone Music is my mistress

Saw the trailer yesterday for the 2nd time. Looking forward to this one.

3. qdrone

qdrone Music is my mistress

I went today and really enjoyed it. Josh Brolin is quickly becoming an actor on the rise. Del Torrio is great too. Very gritty,revenge filled script that is a movie that is abreast of current events today regarding the Mexican border. Two thumbs up with a high ball.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

No Blunt in this one?

5. Condorsat

Condorsat Audio Enthusiast

Great movie, watched it yesterday … Taylor Sheridan (writer) does it again. Not really a traditional "connected" sequel … some of the same characters from Sicario .. Matt Graver ( CIA Special Activites Division officer), Alejandro (the Sicario or Assassin). Lots of "holy shit moments" IMHO.

No Blunt (her character is not in this story)… the stories are not connected in that sense … the characters Graver/Alejandro are the same.

… the movie is better than the trailer which is really rare in itself. Can't say more or I'll ruin it for those who have not seen it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    qdrone likes this.
  6. Johnno_Oz

Johnno_Oz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Saw it a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it a lot. The first one had more impact though, it seemed a bit more murky. Blunt acted as the moral compass as everything goes to crap (and loses) in the first, it wasn't quite there in this one.

Looking forward to the third.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. onwardjames

onwardjames Hoardimus Maximus Subscriber

Wanting to see this as well. That first one hit me in the feels.

8. Condorsat

Condorsat Audio Enthusiast

I was never that fond of Blunt's character in Sicario 1. IMHO & viewpoint … should have been obvious to any thinking person right out of the gate … the kind of people you were dealing with (Graver/Alejandro & the other characters). If you are a strait arrow (Blunt's character) .. just stay away from it entirely. In the words of Alejandro … "she was not a Wolf".

Reminds me of people who want to drive the speed limit in the fast lane. Yes .. the speed limit is X .. but reality is reality. Get in the slower moving lane if you are not going to speed.

qdrone likes this.