Sierra Nevada bottled product recall 24 JAN 17

"Quality inspectors at the company’s brewery in Mills River, North Carolina, found that some 12-ounce bottles had a flaw that may result in a small piece of glass breaking and falling into the bottle, which poses the risk of injury. The company says it hasn’t received any complaints yet, and it believes the issue affects 1 out of every 10,000 bottles packaged.

"The recall affects specific 24-pack, 12-pack and 6-pack beers purchased in 36 states and the District of Columbia. "

Well glass sinks to the bottom, so don't drink the last swig. It's mostly back-warsh anyhow. :beerchug:

Amazing they'd recall that much beer over a 1/10,000 chance of a glass chip. Shoot, you can chip the bottle just opening it...

I am afraid we live in a litiginous society, cheaper to recall than to be sued.

Fortunately the case I recently bought here in Colorado was all from the Chico plant. I still think their Pale Ale is one of the better mass produced beers ever made and will continue to buy it. Goes great with football!

pour all your beer through a fine (small not good) filter into a BIG bowl for Superbowl LI
and use large straws with cloth filters and no deeper than 1" (assuming glass is heavier than beer).
so you don't suck up the glass.

enjoy

This beer is funny. 12 packs have less flavor than 6 packs and if you want it even better you gotta buy a large single bottle. Think the best I ever had was a keg at this ski area in CA I worked at. They had 2 kegs brought in every Friday just silly.

This beer is funny. 12 packs have less flavor than 6 packs and if you want it even better you gotta buy a large single bottle. Think the best I ever had was a keg at this ski area in CA I worked at. They had 2 kegs brought in every Friday just silly.
You know, normally I would have thought maybe you were trying to be funny or something but I've had a similar experience.
Wanted to try Red Stripe so bought a six pack. Thought it was really good, so next time I got a 12.
Tasted nothing like the brew from the 6 pack to me. Had similar experiences with other beers as well, not as obvious as that one though.

Back
Top Bottom