Signet TK5E replacement stylus

Tcheras

Hi,
is there a better choice than the LPGear TKN1 for this cart? Would the TKN2 or the Shibata TKN2SU fit it and sound better? I have sent LPGear/LPTunes a couple of emails but I got no response...
I've also read that some AT styli would fit the Signet cartridges, does anyone have some experience with this?

Thanks

If this is like the TK7E -- and I think it is -- then you should be able to use an ATS12S or ATN12S, or other stylii for that series of Audio Technica cartridges.

LPGear/LPTunes rarely respond to emails.

are both ATN12S and ATS12S compatible with the Signet TK5E or only one of them?
What I wonder now is if it's better to buy the AT or the LPGear Signet Shibata stylus. The prices are $68 for ATN12S, $60 for the ATS12S and $80 for the Signet.
thank you

An ATN12S will definitely fit a TK7E, and so should also fit the TK5E. In fact, if you order LPGear's "TK7S" stylus you'll get an ATN12S, but will have the "privilege" of paying $12 more than their price for a clearly-labeled ATN12S. I know this from firsthand experience. It does fit my TK7E, but the $12 premium and the lack of details is poor practice on LPGear's part.

The ATN12S and ATS12S are supposed to be useable on the same bodies, with the only difference being the presence of a stylus guard on the ATN12S. But I haven't personally used an ATS12S.

Great! Good to hear that
so I think I'm gonna buy the ATN12S.
Reading some posts over the internet I guess other styli like ATN14, ATN15, ATN15SS, ATN20SS... would also fit the Signet TK5E, but they are pretty more expensive, so I think the ATN12S will be the best choice.
Do you like it with your Signet?

Yes, I think it works well with the Signet. An ATN15SS would probably be even better, but at a significant cost premium.

Here is my Signet TK5e with the Audio Technica ATN12S stylus
I'm really having a good time with them :thmbsp:

IMG_9708.jpg

Back
Top Bottom