Silver and Blue

T

twintwelve1484

Man, that combination of Silver and Blue Flouroscan sure is pretty! Makes me wonder, though, why they didn't continue with blue lighting throughout the series? Imagine a nice turntable with a blue strobe. Or blue switch indicator lights instead of green and red. Those would have really looked smart, and they may have gotten even more sales from people who just had to 'trade up' so that all their components 'matched'.

Most puzzling is the SR-303...why in the name of all that's holy did they go with that sickening green display instead of blue, or better yet, why did they go with that cheesy display at all instead of flouroscans to indicate whatever it is that that thing is actually indicating?

Last night I could take it no more...I removed the faceplate and stuck a piece of blue stage lighting gel behind the panel. It's pretty close to the correct blue, though it's not very bright any more. Maybe I'll look into that indicator further, it's probably just a light bulb that does the ol' "color organ" bit, I can mod to put a brighter bulb in perhaps. At least it's not pea-green anymore.

I've got two integrated amps with Flouroscan meters, with the two matching tuners. One (the low-end TX-610) at least has a blue-lit dial, but the top-shelf TX-9800 doesn't have a shred of blue on it.

I don't think they had blue LED technology back when these were made -- Foe

foetusized said:
I've got two integrated amps with Flouroscan meters, with the two matching tuners. One (the low-end TX-610) at least has a blue-lit dial, but the top-shelf TX-9800 doesn't have a shred of blue on it.

I don't think they had blue LED technology back when these were made -- Foe

I bet some stage gels could take care of *that*, too!

siamac1.jpg

Some nice blue and yello Lights!? :smoke:

oh man that sure looks pretty!

I am lusting after that SX-1980!!!

Now I know what to buy with my tax return money!!!

You see I have a lot of nice stuff there, but the SX-1980 is really something special ! Also it just got one blue Light, for "FM" :yes:

twintwelve1484 said:
Most puzzling is the SR-303...why in the name of all that's holy did they go with that sickening green display instead of blue, or better yet, why did they go with that cheesy display at all instead of flouroscans to indicate whatever it is that that thing is actually indicating?

The SR-303 was available in both green and blue. Check the link below. A blue one is for sale right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3873542695

Doc

That'a impressive Siamac! I think I need a SX-1980 too, what a beast! Speaking of beasts I like the looks of your Akai GX-400D in the back ground! My GX-400DSS needs some work unfortunately. Can't forget those old reels! Nice stuff Siamac!

Tusk

siamac, I'm wondering what you've got against Pioneer? ;)

All kidding aside... that is very impressive indeed! :thmbsp:

Welcome aboard!

Scott

siamac

I just picked up a CT-F700 from a local GoodWill about a month
back... any possible way to get a scan of the owner's manual if
you have one?

Or does anyone know of one I can download online?

Thanks!
Scott

I just bought some new belts for the CT-F700, but is not so easy to change them!

I have 18 ! Big-Reel-to-Reels, but the GX-400D is like a Rolls-Royce! I love it.
I am just waiting for the TAU-11 to join my RTU-11, than maybe it´s gonna be my Bently :D

Last edited:
It's apparently not so easy for the entire CT-F line! I've reacquired my CT-F2121 after trading a good Technics M-218 (with fluoroscan meters and auto tape bias/EQ selector) and now it won't play at all but I got the belts as a "bonus". I'll have to search for a thread on repairing these decks.

Say, saimac, have you got any of the sliver switch covers that go on the TX and SA-6500 II? You may also have a manual that covers my 2121 as you have the next model up I believe?

What do you mean?
The TX-6500II and SA-6500II have alu-knobs. TX-1000, SA-800 a.s.o..... got plastic knobs with alu-covers??

I have the CT-7171, but no Manual, sorry !

You have others with the correct ones...do you have perhaps three spares one could purchase or trade for, or perhaps even the tuner knob, as mine has seem better days cosmetically? Thank you for displaying your wonderful collection by the way! I was quite pleased to see so many fine examples of Pioner quality assembled in one spot. I hope my own "shrine" can be that impressive someday, although I will admit that BeatleFred has us all beat with his Sansuis... :yes:

twintwelve1484 said:
Man, that combination of Silver and Blue Flouroscan sure is pretty!
Am guessing that is why Lance Armstrong's team is wearing these colors this year. He agrees with your choice. :yes: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom