~~Simi's "Song A Day" thread~~

similost

Rockin and Rollin....
I thought I'd try something new and different... A "Song A Day thread".

I figured we are mostly here because of music, so why not share some with the crowd?

Threads around here sure take on a life of their own, so I thought this might be a cool experiment of sorts... Post a video a day and see where the discussion goes.

I will pick a song based on something... Like a world event, a new LP release, something that is going on in my life, or even because of something I might find to buy...

For what ever reason I pick the song, feel free to jump in with your thoughts and discussion... Let's see where this goes...

For the first song, I thought what a better way to get started than letting the good times rolll... so Here's The Cars - Let the Good Times Roll... And since they are about to come out with a new LP this spring, it has a little more meaning.. .Fire us up for some new tunes to come..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2hSM2LqP1Y

Well.. actually I was just gonna post my pick for the day.. but help yourself..

Cool band.. never heard of them... thanks..

Very cool Dr... I bet you're the guy in the middle.. :D

I've been a Cars fan since their first LP.... Like you said.. a fun band with a lot of fun songs..

LOL.. Never seen the "Freddie".. just when you thought you've seen it all.. I like the way the Nanner Splits do it better though.. :D

LOL.. Never seen the "Freddie".. just when you thought you've seen it all.. I like the way the Nanner Splits do it better though.. :D

The first time I saw that I was in my early/mid teens, late 80's, and I couldn't stop laughing. It is my go-to response whenever somebody says that all 60's music was great and that there is no good "new" music. They were Milli Vanilli before MV were born.:D

As for the original post, I wasn't into the Cars when they were popular, but I've picked up a few of their lps in the thrift bins over the years and I enjoy them when I spin them. There's a lot of 80's groups that weren't my thing back then, but at 50 cents to a dollar a record I've "gambled" on a lot of lps and come to appreciate quite a bit of music that I wouldn't have given a chance if I was paying full price.

I've been REALLY jacking up "Tin Pan Alley" from Stevie Ray Vaughan's "The Early Years" C.D.! A live version recorded at a club in Austin, TX on April 1'st, 1980.

"Let The Good Times roll" indeed. I saw The Cars from the 2nd row at the Kiel Opera House in 1978, after their 2nd LP just came out (I think I have the year right).

Last edited:
Oh yeah.. the Kiel.. .Any show there is good, and that must have made it twice as good being The Cars.. I loved seeing shows at The Fox better though... That place kinda had a magical sound and no seat is a bad seat.

I've been REALLY jacking up "Tin Pan Alley" from Stevie Ray Vaughan's "The Early Years" C.D.! A live version recorded at a club in Austin, TX on April 1'st, 1980.

That CD is awesome. As good as his "proper" releases if you ask me, and it kills Live Alive. There is another good one from around the same time that was supposed to be his first album, but it got shelved. It has Lou Ann Barton on it. It floats around the net from time to time and is worth searching for. I have no idea why it hasn't been released yet. Damn I miss SRV.

~~Friday Feb. 25th~~

OK... It's Friday.. .

I think I'll go with an old St. Louis KSHE tradition and play a Todd Rudgren song as a Friday tune.. Because I SURE AS HELL DON'T FEEL LIKE WORKING on a Friday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlbxLLP7_Mo&feature=related

WEEKEND, HERE WE COME!

(Oh, be glad I could care less Lady Gaga played here last night.. :thumbsdn:)

Last edited:
Wow.. that's a drag. First company I've ever heard of blocking youtube. Without giving up the name, what kind of business is it?

I did want to play a version of Bang On The Drum All Day that was recorded at Wolftrap. That way I could link my old home of STL and their tradition of playing Todd every frida morning, and my present here in DC.. but the sound was even crappier than this live version is..

Back
Top Bottom