Simple DIY "superchunk' style corner absorber/bass trap

Once I change my listening space around and tame a reflective window,I'm going to look at the source that you listed so that I can build the tube traps.Do the end caps seal well against fiberglass?Are the tubes easy to compress or damage since they don't have any solid tube under the fiberglass?

Do the end caps seal well against fiberglass?Are the tubes easy to compress or damage since they don't have any solid tube under the fiberglass?
You must provide the end caps. I used cake platforms!

Easy to compress or damage? Sorry, I'm not following your concern. The Knauf tubes are structurally sound and are not subject to *compression*.

Amerisafe website sells
Knauf Earthwool™ 1000°F Pipe Insulation with ECOSE®.Can I use Earthwool instead of compressed fiberglass?How thick should the Earthwool or fiberglass be?

Amerisafe website sells
Knauf Earthwool™ 1000°F Pipe Insulation with ECOSE®.Can I use Earthwool instead of compressed fiberglass?How thick should the Earthwool or fiberglass be?
Hmmm. I looked at the datasheet and what bothers me is the notion that it is "molded".

The originals I have are porous fiberglass where the sound could be trapped. If this is a solid molded affair, its ability to absorb bass may be severely altered.

So does anyone know how a "solid" corner trap like this compares with just mounting an acoustic panel diagonally in a corner? Is there a big difference in absorption?

Back
Top Bottom