Simple solution for those G-9000 speaker connectors

Robisme

Sansui Enthusiast
Well, pretty simple. Works for the G-8000 and other units as well.

I worked on a G-9000 for an AKer and both A and B terminals were shot.

The simple solution? Marantz terminals. Many Marantz units use this type. Only thing is, you have to drill two mounting holes for each set.

I mounted them in what looks like an upside down orientation because the speaker wires run down into the track.

Rob

I just ordered a pair from a 2226 on Ebay. I can't wait to get them installed. Thanks for the tip! Mine are really bad.

Glad it helped someone. I see a lot of threads about these Sansui speaker terminals going bad, so I figured I would post what worked for me..

Rob

Very nice Rob . Excellent idea. I was wondering how I would repair an old friends G9000 speaker posts that were broken to death from his children.
Thanks.

how did you remove the original terminals out? After removing the bottom of the case out, I am having a hard time of pushing the clips in to remove the terminal assembly.

Those look pretty cheap and you will have to do some measuring as previously mentioned. I think the ones I used are better quality. That said, the Marantz terminals will set you back $20 a piece.
If you search Marantz speaker terminals on eBay you will see a bunch.

Rob

Those look pretty cheap and you will have to do some measuring as previously mentioned. I think the ones I used are better quality. That said, the Marantz terminals will set you back $20 a piece.
If you search Marantz speaker terminals on eBay you will see a bunch.

Rob
Thanks Rob. Will check Ebay out.

Back
Top Bottom