Sir.Byrd's F5 build thread

I could have built it much quicker but I've just not had the time, then I ran out of money. I have to finish up some paying project before I can do it. I still need to buy the attenuator.

Yeah I picked up an ELMA selector, looks to be a nice piece! I'll know tomorrow.
Maybe I should have the Khozmo custom made with all vishay "nude" resistors... :D
But I digress... back to the F5 this thread should go!

Congrats on the finals, SB!
Now you can hook it up to the most revealing setup you can muster and have a good listen. You'll hear things that were not present before. The DCB1 is a perfect fit for the F5, also.
What kind of speakers are you mating with the F5?

Note: nuts and threaded inserts holding the faceplate on are tempermanent. :D
DSC_0952.jpg

Pardon the mess
DSC_0955.jpg

Do I spy a pair of Speakerlab W1208Rs lurking in the lower right corner of this photo? :scratch2:

Nice job, Will!!!

By the way, is this any indication that the IMFs are going to come back with bright blue grill cloth? :D

Wow, the first thing that struck me was how damn quiet this amp is. I can't tell when it's on or off!

Yes,very interesting feature of the Pass stuff.....even when I use a tube pre that normally has just a little hum......at least with other amps anyway.

Russellc

Speakerlab 12s in the corner Maybe? But I see a nice vintage? 1969 Yamaha acoustic guitar in the other corner.

WO

Speakerlab 12s in the corner Maybe? But I see a nice vintage? 1969 Yamaha acoustic guitar in the other corner.

WO

The guitar is actually in an aftermarket case (logo looks like yamaha in this photo) but it is probably the polar opposite of a Yamaha acoustic guitar, it is a Pyramid 12 string electric, of a similar vintage.

Wow, just amazing Will. Every time I see one of your projects I'm left feeling totally in awe and totally jealous. Are you still in High School too? Just amazing.

Back
Top Bottom