SixCats! Sadly down to ONE Cat but, not for long!

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by SixCats!, Jun 10, 2018.

1. SixCats!

SixCats! Super Member

Hi all,

When I first joined Audiokarma way back in 2002, I chose the name SixCats! because,
    well, I had six Cats. I shortly thereafter adopted a seventh Kitty but stuck with the name SixCats! Fast forward 2018, as of last week, I now only have ONE Kitty. Sadly, we had to
    "put down" TWO Kitties within three days of each other. My poor Wife was completely distraught. Well today (Sunday June 10th. 2018) I managed to arrange for this little Guy
    (four month old) to soon come home with us : [​IMG]

This handsome Guy is a "Cornish Rex". This baby has French and Finnish Blood lines.
    I decided to name him "ODIN" (The Viking God). I presently own ONE other Kitty which
    is also a Cornish Rex (Tortie).

This is Di-di : [​IMG][​IMG]

The Cornish Rex is THE best breed of Cat I've ever owned. Love em to death! "ODIN" will be my third Cornish Rex. It was nice to see the Wife smile/laugh again today.

SixCats!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

Looks like one has been de-clawed!

3. SixCats!

SixCats! Super Member

Hi FON,

Noooooo! The breeder "trimmed" his nails.

SixCats!

4. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

OK. I prefer my cats WITH claws just in case it got outside and needed to kick some tails in.

5. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber

20180218_072728.jpg It so happens I have 6 cats.
    Unfortunately I think 2 are not long for this world. I love all our cats but I feel 2 is the perfect #.
    I have an oriental short hair with similar features though different colors.
    This is a guy my wife calls Emerson but i call Waldo

6. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

Yep two is enough cat!

Please register to disable this ad.

7. SixCats!

SixCats! Super Member

Hi all,

nj, Emerson/Waldo is AWESOME! What a handsome guy! Good for you guys, six Cats. I can't believe the Wife and I once had SEVEN Cats! I have no idea how we made it work but,
    it did work surprisingly well. That being said, no more than (perhaps) three Cats at a time in our future. Still. we would love again to own a "Domestic Short hair Tabby" with the "M" marked forehead. The Tabby is a very sweet Animal and a heck of a LOT more mellow than my crazy (climbing the Walls) Cornish Rex (which I still love to death).

SixCats!

8. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber

20180326_174237.jpg We have Francis a 16 yo Turkish van, (I think?) (A rescue).
    She's not doing to good.
    My wife wanted a Persian. We ended up with the mother and the kitten (the mother had a lot of litters and was spent. She's also 16 (with a lot of hard mileage)..(punkin pie)
    Her daughter is unsocial troll.(muppet)
    Waldo,
    Then a male Persian, my wife calls Grayson and I call stoffle.
    We volunteer for a local shelter and pretty frequently foster (kittens for the most part)
    So it's not unusual to have cats in my master bathroom temporarily.
    Once wife was away, someone from shelter called her to see if we could foster a kitten somebody found. No room at shelter at the time. So she calls me to see if I can pick him up and take him . By the time she got home , me and him were best buds:dunno:
    Red (wife calls him Dorito)
    Watches over us

Attached Files:

9. Strangeband

Strangeband AK Member and Ale Monger

The recent arrival of a very young American bobtail swelled our ranks to seven. We lost 3 old cats and my old Australian shepherd in a span of 2 months in 2017. We briefly had a single cat, then things changed rather quickly. Thanks to Planned Pethood for the inexpensive spaying and neutering services!

nj pheonix likes this.