Skin itching and burning? possible source(s)

Ah, apparently there is a whole theory that Monsanto and others are developing aluminum resistant seeds for various reasons. Monsanto specifically says they are not.

There IS some research on GMOs for aluminum resistance. The reason being that in certain areas, soil has naturally high aluminum, AND has an acidic pH which means the Al is mobile and available for plant uptake (rather than sequestered in insoluble salts). At the same time, many crops are being grown in places they did not originally evolve to grow in, so they are not particularly resistant to aluminum toxicity. MIT - a source that I trust - has a mag article about research on this:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/410926/toxicity-resistant-crops/

It mentions barley, wheat and corn.

There is really no reason to put Al onto crops, but some people seem to have developed theories along the lines that Monsanto can control the entire food market if their seeds can withstand this toxin and no one else's can. But it would have to be spread in massive amounts everywhere to kill everyone else's crops, which just isn't going to happen. Unless you believe the chemtrails are actually aluminum and are sponsored by Monsanto. I like this one guy's analysis, it's something I'd do: he calculated the amount of Al required to increase Al levels in the top 6" of arable land in the US by 1%. Note that Al is a major element in the earth's crust and many soils have percentage levels already. Anyway the amount required would be equivalent to 40 years of total worldwide production of aluminum!

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-monsantos-aluminum-resistant-gmos-and-chemtrails.t341/

Really, it's just a soil chemistry problem they're trying to get around with these GMOs. The aluminum is already there.

Same: What your describing can be remedied with Fexofenadine 180mg prescribed by your Doctor or prescribing nurse. Its a full strength antihistamine Tablet. Stops the itching one a day. I have had Shingles (The chicken pots virus) for over 3 years and lost the use of my right eye through it. The continuous eye rubbing took its toll and the muscle that holds my eye lid gone week . so now i wear sun glasses all the time I am in public

I missed Frankie's last post about Dawn. Entirely possible to be allergic to a detergent, there are various types of surfactants out there and Dawn is known to have some special qualities for grease cutting. It may have some more expensive surfactants in it that cheaper stuff doesn't, and that's what you're allergic to. Or the fragrance, or some other ingredient.

The link mentions that it can break down into formaldehyde, which is a carcinogen. All this may be true, but first of all, carcinogens work over a long period at low doses, and don't cause hives. Well, I suppose one could at high enough levels. I just wouldn't make any connection between carcinogens and hives in this situation. Also, and this is off on a tangent, but the article doesn't say how the 'breakdown' to formaldehyde happens. Is that on your skin, is it a metabolic process requiring it to get into your system first, or is that in the sewage plant? Vague toxic claims bug me. Also that Dawn is 'one of the most toxic products in our homes.' I can make a list and dish detergent is nowhere near the top. :cool: Although if it gives you hives, it pretty much is, for you.

So I've gone to allergists and to my GP. I've told them the itching comes and goes, sometimes there is a specific irritant ( like Dawn ), sometimes not. At times I get a red blotch on my skin for hours just from casually resting my arm on a table or carry a bag of groceries ( weird, I know, but this never happened before) the blotch doesn't always itch, but sometimes it does.
I consider myself in decent shape, I'm 65 years old, I have a drink of wine maybe once a month, weed maybe 3 times a week ( hey its legal here, don't judge!), I participate in a rather active spin class 2 times a week for 45 minutes, I warm up to it but using a rowing machine for 15-20 minutes. When the weather is decent I go out on my bike ( I admit I've been slacking on that for the last 2 months. I watch my diet, I can't eat wheat or gluten, and eat fish and poultry.
All that said I'm still baffled and not sure if there is another option. Maybe it's just what my GP said, "you have sensitive skin" ?

Back
Top Bottom