Sleeper System

Last week's sleeper gets an upgrade. DIY Frugal Horns with planar tweets powered by the new Volt+D. Bucket subs augment the bass.

P1010023.jpg

I bought a black, very plain looking, no-frills Adcom GFA-5200 at an estate sale not long ago. But when I hooked it up, I was absolutely floored by how good it sounded! A real giant-killer of a little amp.. It drove my Magnat MSP-300's very easily.

I bought an early 80s Fisher Studio Standard CA 800 a few weeks ago. Most Fisher stuff from that era is truly bpc but this one actually looks and sounds really good. With 100wpc it has plenty of power. I bought the matching tuner for $35. A kick ass system for $155.

20180907_084934.jpg

Here is my current "sleeper" system I have in my study area. It consists of 2 systems actually. A headphone amp and a conventional 2 channel. Pioneer SX-680 is the driver with sources of a Technics turntable (I painted it black), a Sony CDP-620ESII CD player and Pure IPod base for my 2 classics. The Pure IPod is also hooked up to the Little Bear P8 valve headphone amp. Speakers are Paradigm Monitor 7's with an Energy sub. Cables are Kimber Select 1010.P1090724.JPG

Back
Top Bottom