Sliding Patio Door Manufacturers: Thoughts?

We have a 3-panel Jeld-wen (one slider) that was installed in 2001. Clad-wood construction. Have had no problems except for having to replace the rollers a couple years ago - parts were readily available and change out was easy.

Alan

I would look at Marvin . Have done many installs of all brands and have had my fair share of problems with Anderson and Pella . A good place to start is a good solid and plumb level sill plate Period

I don't have experience with their sliding doors, but I've been impressed with the quality of the Sunrise brand windows that I bought earlier this year. My wife and I went with the Restorations by Sunrise brand in preference to Renewal by Andersen, Pella, and Marvin.

Update: I had three Sunrise sliding doors installed recently, two in my family room and one in my kitchen's eat-in nook. They're attractive, the hardware quality is excellent, and I've noticed that the family room stays cooler than it did before I had the work done. I would guess that the new sliding doors are much more energy-efficient than the builder-grade doors that they replaced.

One thing that makes a big difference is a quality installation, making sure to use the proper materials, correct practices, making sure the opening is square and level with the proper pitch and flashing go a long way toward a reliable and trouble free door installation.
Well said.

I’ve had sliding glass doors all my life, my next house is going to have French Doors made from hardwood with drop rods into the floor and latches so no one can get in. With security systems plate glass sliding doors are not such a necessity anymore.

I have Anderson 400 windows and an Anderson sliding patio door. Been extremely happy at 10 year mark. The windows really are self cleaning as they advertise...no kidding, I didn't believe it, but we have not cleaned outside windows in 10 years.

Periodically we have to spray off bird poop with a garden hose. Our hard water leaves water spots. First really good gully washer, and the water spots and windows are clean again

There is a film of some sort on them. Literature says never use a scrapper as it will remove it.

Wow - a NUMBER One and Done posts from obvious Spammer accounts -
even a couple posts from a UK brand, useless to @mfrench in CA, who started the thread in 2016!
All spammers now DELETED

Back
Top Bottom