Slow loading... is it just me?

Today is the first time I have noticed any slowdown since the new system. The slowdown is not only from page to page, but also with the part of the system when you hover the mouse over a forum entry to see the first part of the thread in the balloon above it. This particular thing is taking way too long.

The last couple of days I have ben getting security alerts and AK has been locking up the computer . PITA

Security certificate not recognized . If I let the page sit for a couple minutes , it will settle down .

^Yikes! That's awful! :( For me if things are running slowly here on AK (which seems to be at least half the time, unfortunately), pages usually take anywhere between 5-15 seconds to load. Also, when I go to edit a post it takes about the same amount of time for the edit window to load. Same thing goes for when I re-enter the post. When things are slow, just about all actions on AK take that amount of time for me.

Security certificate not recognized . If I let the page sit for a couple minutes , it will settle down .
I have been getting the security certificate error the last couple of days at work. I have to use the task manager to close the page.

I think most of it is the ads and especially the video ads that I get on this site, ... slower than pretty much any site, I get warnings, asks me if the site can run an ap on my computer, ... really annoying.
I wish that paying to be a member here would have given me an ad-free experience, ... apparently it's the opposite!

I think most of it is the ads and especially the video ads that I get on this site, ... slower than pretty much any site, I get warnings, asks me if the site can run an ap on my computer, ... really annoying.
I wish that paying to be a member here would have given me an ad-free experience, ... apparently it's the opposite!

That might be a good suggestion, but try running an ad blocker. It makes sites load much faster and easier (because it isn't loading a ton of ads), and you don't get all those annoying popups. Just a thought. But with that said, things are still slow for me here for whatever reason.

Any word yet from the mods/admin. on this issue at all?

This a problem for some but not for all. This site is never slow for me.
As I stated before, my security settings are on high.

It's this site. I have a couple of other sites that I started to frequent, one Mercedes site and one for-sale site that have the same burdensome adware and loading problems, I have found alternatives to them and don't go there anymore and am looking for a good alternative to this site also. Its a shame because there are so many good people here.

I suspect that the reason that we get no response is because the Admins / site owner has a contract with the server company that requires certain ads to run, and there's really nothing that they can do at this point. Perhaps when the current contract is up for renewal they will make a different choice, such as allowing those of us who pay to be here to bypass the ads, we can always continue to suggest it to them. Until then, they should know that many people who are turned off by having to wait, to hear annoying video ads, and to seek third-party ad blocking plugins just on this site will visit here less or not at all, and that will affect their hit count also. It will also affect how many of us will commit to paying again.

Just a choice of dollars, I hope that the ownership here chooses well.

It's time related here. Peak hours like 5-8 at night seem to be the slowest when there's lots of traffic here. Early in the am (before sunrise) it loads as quick as I can click

When I don't get warnings about the site trying to open an ap, the page runs fairly well, when my internet is running fast it runs fairly well, but I do notice the fan running any time I'm at AK (like right now). The warnings are random, some days on every click and other days (like this morning) less frequent, I think it just depends on which ads load on that particular page/click.

If you watch your resource monitor on your computer you will see the differences and right now it seems to be running fast and light. I'd like to believe that this indicates a change in the AK site, but I've hoped that before when it seemed to be going well, ... still hoping.

I suspect that the reason that we get no response is because the Admins / site owner has a contract with the server company that requires certain ads to run, and there's really nothing that they can do at this point.
That is extremely unlikely. The ads on this site are 100% voluntary and run at the discretion of the owner.

This a problem for some but not for all. This site is never slow for me.

Comes and goes for me so I'm never quite sure if it's this site or something else.

Does not affect me so I am staying and just renewed.
Bear in mind, (gratis of cookies/scripts) that everyone's browsing/ad content experience is unique. Ergo, some may get "rude" ad(s) while others do not. There may indeed be a hosting issue that exacerbate the issue, but I'm convinced it's primarily the 3rd party ad scripts/servers.

The latest version of Firefox (52.0.1) r-e-a-l-l-y sucks downunder at the moment.

Chrome is slightly better.

Back
Top Bottom