Slow speed on left side of my tape

look up hi-fi engine and join for free . then download from website .

thanks a lot ! I have to report that the speed problem seems to be related mostly to one specific cassette as far as I know, because I don't have a wide selection of cassettes to play in it for the moment.

ok . its odd one tape should be bad one side and not the other . might be only marginal error though .
best try more tapes first to confirm .
i used to find it best to wind tapes all the way forwards then reverse to prepare tape for machine .

i am a bit confused with the cleaning procedure and proper product to be used, in the manual they say to use alcool on all parts, but someone here said not to use alcool on rubber parts, so what's correct ?

you're right, it's odd and yes it is a marginal difference with this specific cassette
I've seen this where one reel is dragging internally. Normally only on cheaper cassettes. I really like Maxell, and I like TDK. I have a nice Denon I'm saving for when I get the new deck back from a restoration.

I just discard the tape. It isn't normally worth the effort to try fixing it, unless it's a special tape you don't want to lose.

I'm assuming this was a home made recording and not a commercial recording.

i am a bit confused with the cleaning procedure and proper product to be used, in the manual they say to use alcool on all parts, but someone here said not to use alcool on rubber parts, so what's correct ?

Alcohol will break down the rubber parts. Use alcohol only for cleaning metal such as the heads, the captstan(metal rod that presses the tape between itself and a black rubber wheel for tension. The rubber wheel isn't engaged when you put the tape in), and the metal guide pin. I don't know what best to use for the rubber wheel. I'm using stuff I have left over from years ago.

Back
Top Bottom