slowly building my dream ht sound system.

jami w.

just being me thats all
the heart of it is a 7.1 pioneer vsx-1017txv. 2 10" nonported subs, a newer set of pioneer 3way towers, kenwood center channel speaker, pioneer surrounds, trying to think of a clean way to mount 2 speakers on the ceiling.
a radio shack 4 speaker set- ill be using to switch between 2 channel music speakers/an ht speakers for movies/gaming/tv. ill also be adding an aftermarket meter for when im listening to music, bouncing needles look good.
yes i know right speaker is placed wrong, i have to switch it with the sub.

my ps3, blueray player, tv is hooked up to the reciever. once my pioneer PD102 cdp arrives it'll be hooked into system, along with a pioneer late 90's tape deck.
not totl but its mine.

*with the speaker switch, im thinking of running cable to outside, for outdoor speakers. while relaxing in the yard, or during cookouts. and a decent set of bookcase speakers.
1525640529010-1583552165.jpg

Last edited:
phase 2- meters should be here any day now. they'll be wired into the speaker switch along with the black speakers for audio listening only.

once i have the ht speakers for movies, they'll be also wired into the speaker switch. wondering if i could run wireless for outdoor speakers :idea:

for the life of me i can't figure out this speaker switch. has it really been this long
since i've been away from audio gear dam lol.

i've got the leads going into the switch box- left to left side and right to right side. but the cables off the speakers going into position switch A, only left speaker works.

Maybe dirty switches in your speaker selector. Looks like a cool setup, how is the sound?

Maybe dirty switches in your speaker selector. Looks like a cool setup, how is the sound?
sounds really good, deep tight bass, mids shine, the tweeters scream lol. an i figured out the switch. i hooked wrong end of speaker wires in it haha.

\wondering if i could run wireless for outdoor speakers :idea:

I use powered speakers for outdoors and use a chromecast audio to stream over wifi. You can pick up two and stream indoors and out simultaneously--works great for cookouts when I'm moving in and out the kitchen. I just use my phone to stream music, though some have more sophisticated computer setups. I've also done this with a rugged pair of Realistic Minimus-7 and a small chip amp (TPA3116) on my grilling prep table.

I use powered speakers for outdoors and use a chromecast audio to stream over wifi. You can pick up two and stream indoors and out simultaneously--works great for cookouts when I'm moving in and out the kitchen. I just use my phone to stream music, though some have more sophisticated computer setups. I've also done this with a rugged pair of Realistic Minimus-7 and a small chip amp (TPA3116) on my grilling prep table.

wireless would be better for me, 99% of music is my local rock station 70's-90's im stubborn lol so im told, i dont really need to stream. im very simple when it comes to music, i wanna hear it and have it sound decent. while im outside in warm weather.

Ahhh jami,
It's all in what you want to enjoy & within a budget you have for the time my friend.
Put on some tunes & relax! :thumbsup:

Rome

ive got a 65" lcd samsung coming by end of the week/weekend. instead of the towers for helping a friend and his wife pack/load a moving truck, their giving me the the tc and wall mount for it.

Back
Top Bottom