SMAC April 2014

Thanks Don and Steve for being such gracious hosts. I thoroughly enjoyed raiding your well-stocked bar. :D The food was excellent and so was the music. A great time for sure.

Thanks Don for a wonderful time. Thanks Stephen for keeping us well feed with some very good foods, and I for one enjoyed seeing everyone, what a woot.

Thanks Don for a wonderful time. Thanks Stephen for keeping us well feed with some very good foods, and I for one enjoyed seeing everyone, what a woot.

Second that thank you to Stephen.

I am still wondering about those folks that needed to go get something to eat after the party?

:smoke:

Hi all,

It was my (our) pleasure! A few observations:

- Trying to be a social butterfly (not one of my very few strengths), shaking hands and pouring drinks, I definitely missed out on a lot of listening. :D

- A big thanks to Dave and Jim for dragging out the gear for the Family Room system! The Gallos certainly did get some attention (including mine).

- A big thanks to our fearless leader Jeff for keeping us all coordinated and in communication!

- A big thanks to Jim Salk for the loan of the Song Towers. I hope everybody got upstairs to hear them! I'm listening for a final evaluation right now before getting them packed up to return tomorrow. And if you happen to be attending AXPONA in Chicago next weekend, you'll get to hear them again as Jim said these are the ones he and Mary are taking with them to demo at the show.

- My opinion is that the system in the Living Room just didn't really come together as I had hoped. (Sorry!) The Epos speakers coupled with the little EL84 amp sound great up here in the small listening room, but I think the big living room, coupled with a higher than normal ambient noise floor (conversation, etc.), simply demanded more than the combo had to deliver. Oh well. :)

- A big thanks to Ken and Rob for the vinyl goodies and Dave for the distilled goodies! Very unnecessary, but very kind and very much appreciated. :music:

Lastly, there was a small (six-pack size) soft-sided Igloo cooler left behind. (see photo) If it's yours, you can drop by any time and pick it up (back porch is never locked) or I can bring it next month.

Happy Listening!

Great meet (thanks to you guys).Had a coming out of hibernation feel to it.Everything was topshelf,Gear,music, drink,friends,& food.Great Job.

A couple of photos for posterity :D

temporary Living Room listening kit:
DSCN1178_zpsb463b388.jpg

Music Library with Salk Song Towers:
DSCN1165_zps218fbc3b.jpg

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Now that t'was an event!

Happy grazing, happy cocktailing, happy schmoozing, and yes...

Happy Listening!:beatnik:

(I did thank ALL the Salk folks at Axpona for the fine music makers they lent to our SMAC event!)

Back
Top Bottom