SMAC January 2011

Looks like we got a couple inches of snow. The roads should be in pretty good shape by the meetings time. Looking forward to seeing the "guys" today.

Will there be a turntable set up???
I want to run my mystery LP past the jazz guys to see if they recognize it.

Will there be a turntable set up???
I want to run my mystery LP past the jazz guys to see if they recognize it.

Dennis was planning on a table.. I think Keg may be bringing one..

I think I will have some records there for sale too..

Ha!!
If Keg's bringing one, I'll be the first to know as I'm bringing him :lmao:

Yep, Mark's bringing a couple big boxes of LPs to sell.

Be careful driving Dan, there's a couple inches down this morning up here.

They are clearing the main roads over here now. Should be just fine by later this afternoon.

Ha!!
If Keg's bringing one, I'll be the first to know as I'm bringing him :lmao:

Yep, Mark's bringing a couple big boxes of LPs to sell.

Be careful driving Dan, there's a couple inches down this morning up here.

Thanks! We had some freezing rain down here... I hate freezing rain :sigh:

Yep, till whenever. Bob, if you bring that, we can do some A/B with my external DAC. I've always wanted to do that.

Yep, till whenever. Bob, if you bring that, we can do some A/B with my external DAC. I've always wanted to do that.

Can you PM me your address? Gotta know where Im goin ;). Also, do you have an ethernet jack within 25ft of the stereo? My Vortexbox doesnt have wifi. We can hook your DAC to the Vortexbox, it does have optical and USB :).

Maybe we can convince Bill (cableguy) to bring these speakers we finished yesterday. They sound VERY VERY good. Here is the link to the write up.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=343337

Dang it! Now I KNOW I am missing out big time!

Have a great time guys! Somebody got a Flip to video this stuff?

Just don't let that Squid Guy show up, 'cause you know where he goes the Law can't be far behind...

Sorry I missed it gents. Hope y'all had a great time. Did you appreciate the new snow? We got 6" here in Midland.

Cheers

Thanks to everyone involved for an enjoyable January meet. Both systems sounded wonderful, and I made some new friends and contacts in the area.

Thanks Dennis.Good music, good people,good times !
Kinda curious tho'...Black Label ?

Last edited:
Dennis,
Thanks for hosting, it was good to see everyone, I really enjoyed both systems, I wanted to take Cosmos' speakers home, do you think he'd miss them?? :scratch2: Dave. :D

:worthless

AK_20110129_01.jpg

AK_20110129_02.jpg

AK_20110129_03.jpg

AK_20110129_04.jpg

AK_20110129_05.jpg

AK_20110129_06.jpg

AK_20110129_07.jpg

AK_20110129_08.jpg

AK_20110129_09.jpg

AK_20110129_10.jpg

AK_20110129_11.jpg

AK_20110129_12.jpg

Thank you Dennis. As usual a great SMAC meet. We appreciate your wholesome hospitality. You're the best!

Jeff

Thank you Dennis. As usual a great SMAC meet. We appreciate your wholesome hospitality. You're the best!

Jeff

X10.

Man was the place hopping. People everywhere, tons of records for sale and enough food to satisfy a small army. Thanks Dennis, it was a great meet.

Yeah Man, thank you Dennis! Great get together. It's amazing how time flies. We had more stuff to rotate in and just never got to it.. Keggers' KT88SE amp never warmed the room.. but it was still a great day.

Yes, I'd notice they we're missing, but moving them back home wasn't the funnest part of the day..

Thanks for your kind comments.

Back
Top Bottom