SMAC July 2013

I am going to try to make it. Been a long week, and I've had to work some hellacious hours, but I think it's calming down a bit. I do have to work this Saturday, so I'll have to leave a bit early. I can't promise anything, but I'm going to try to make it. Hope to see you all there.

EDIT: Well, that didn't last long. I've just been informed by my boss that my 'change window' which normally starts at 6 PM, has been moved to 7 AM. The changes will take all day and we have a go/no go decision at 3 PM, so that pretty much ruins my plans for the day. I'm sorry guys, I wanted to be there. Sincere apologies.

I was going to ask if you were going to make it until I looked at your location. It shows how much I've been paying attention.

Ya know....I might need a soldering iron when I get there. . :D
I'm assuming I don't need to bring one ...or a multi meter.

A couple of last minute notes:

Parking: My drive way is fairly long, but you'll get easily parked in if you park in it. It's long and narrow. There are some trees in the front yard, 4-5 cars could park in the area between the road and the trees in the lawn. Past the trees is the tile field. The road allows parking on it, so there will be plenty of room along the side of the road if you need to be on your way before it starts clearing out.

If anyone has a turntable they would like to bring, I may need one. My Yamaha has been giving me all kinds of trouble the last few days. I have a few records but not a huge collection.

Don't worry about headphones, I wasn't able to make time to meet with Ross to get his prototype.

I'll have a some water, some 2 liters of pop, some beer, a couple of bags of chips, some pulled pork fresh out of the smoker. For beer, I have some Guinness and I'll get something normal for those that don't like guinness. If you want anything special to drink, bring it along. Snack foods are always welcome.

I have 14 chairs for outside if anyone is compelled to set up and outdoor listening area. I'm not sure if I'll be setting one up prior to the start of the meet, though. We'll see how the weather looks.

My second CD player is a middle of the road SACD/DVD hybrid player. I'm intending on using that for the system with the "efficient" system but if someone wanted to bring something a little better along, I'd welcome that, too.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

null_zps24fa2130.jpg

Yes, we have hideous hand me down furniture.

Well I'm getting sicker by the min. I missed work first time in I can't remember how long. Unless a miracle occurs, I'll be sneezing, coughing, urping and you know what else at home. Sucks, I was really looking forward to this DIY meet.

If you are coming from the Ann Arbor area - I-696 will be closed this weekend starting tonight. FYI gents!!
So it will be open if I'm not coming from Ann Arbor?:naughty:

EDIT: Well, that didn't last long. I've just been informed by my boss that my 'change window' which normally starts at 6 PM, has been moved to 7 AM. The changes will take all day and we have a go/no go decision at 3 PM, so that pretty much ruins my plans for the day. I'm sorry guys, I wanted to be there. Sincere apologies.
Sorry to hear you can't make it, Wiggy. Can't you go all martial arts on your boss, or would you boss have to attack you first?

Ya know....I might need a soldering iron when I get there. .
I'm assuming I don't need to bring one ...or a multi meter.

I suspect there will be a decent selection of caps and other parts there. Let me know if you want me to bring some lampcord or a bag of insulation to the meet.:smoke:

(Just warmin' the crowd up for ya, Dave.)

Edit: I typed this message and previewed it, leaving the preview open for hours and never sent it til we got home from dinner. I didn't want Dave (Millon) to think I snubbed him. Hope you kick your bug soon.

Last edited:
So it will be open if I'm not coming from Ann Arbor?:naughty:

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Wiggy. Can't you go all martial arts on your boss, or would you boss have to attack you first?

I suspect there will be a decent selection of caps and other parts there. Let me know if you want me to bring some lampcord or a bag of insulation to the meet.:smoke:

(Just warmin' the crowd up for ya, Dave.)

Edit: I typed this message and previewed it, leaving the preview open for hours and never sent it til we got home from dinner. I didn't want Dave (Millon) to think I snubbed him. Hope you kick your bug soon.

No snubbage detected Tom.

I'm pretty sure they frown on that sort of thing. I've become quite accustomed to getting this thing they call a 'paycheck'. Crazy, I know. :)

Figure's.. ;(
(dam now I gotta find a new ride) :sigh:

I loaded up the PT this AM so I could see if there was room.Sorry Keg,but I can barely get the speaker components in my car. One of the mid horns will be riding in the passenger seat.The other on the floor behind it.Looks like I'm going to have just enough room to safely transport the Allens.....:sigh:

I didn't get to stay long but thanks for having me out! I hope to hear your unity horns some day when you have them dialed in.

Last edited:
So you guys just warming up now right?
I'll swing by around 11:00AM after my AM shift is over.
Have Kegger blast some Iron Maiden on the HPM-100s to help me find the way :D

Thank You !

I had a very good time Dave,thanks for hosting. . :thmbsp: .
The weather cooperated,nice house, good food,music everywhere. . :tresbon:.. lot's of parking too... gotta look out for the trees when backing up tho' .. .. :yes:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it. I had a great time and unfortunately couldn't spend enough time chatting with any of you.

I think by the end of the day, the horn system was really coming into its own. John's project carbon was really nice.

And thanks to everyone who brought things to listen to, John for the turntable, cableguy for bringing my friend Ed, Stephen for the flag, Christian for the CDs and whiskey. And Dennis for picking up the pork. And everyone else for things I'm forgetting.

Back
Top Bottom