SMAC June 2012

My wife, Marlene, and I are planning to come. While it is not yet burned in, I will bring the Jolida CD player I just finished upgrading. Looking forward to seeing you all.
Chris

I just got back from the SMAC meet. Paula and Ed put on a great party. I really enjoyed seeing everyone again and the view from the back deck was wonderful. Thanks Paula and Ed.

Very nice place you have Ed,
To bad the turtle snuck away.

Another really great Smac event,
Thank you for having us, couldn't have asked for better hosts..

Tell your wife I said thank you as well,
Cheers,
Keg

Indeed, what a great afternoon!

Ed was a wonderful host opening up his very comfortable home to us and a hodge podge of stone soup gear. I really enjoyed swapping the 3 sets of speakers, 4 sources, 2 preamps and two power amps, (SS and tube!!) about in a mix and match audio shootout.

Great burgers and snacks, cold beverages, excellent company, and that elusive baby snapper all combined to a make a great day and meet.

Thank you!!

Thanks Ed and Mrs. Bacon. I had a very nice time although I had to leave around 4 for another party. I really had a nice time even without a skillet. See you all at my place next month!
Dave

Thanks to whomever left the bottle of Michelob Lager. It's hitting the spot this warm evening! :beer:

Ja. It's a bit heavier than the Michelobs I recall in the curvy bottles. But then it is a lager. Not bad at all.

During the party some people asked how high the creek gets. Here is a photo from this afternoon after one day of thunderstorms. After about three or four days of thunderstorms the creek will reach about the middle of my back yard.

Here is a photo from today. This is the exact spot where Andy and Kegger spotted the baby snapping turtle. The water is about 3' higher than it was on Saturday.

PaintCreek.jpg

Here is a little video clip to show the flow rate.

Here is the creek in May 2004. It reached the 100 year flood level a few hours after this photo was taken. The 100 year flood level is about 2' deeper.

DCP_0633.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, DJ.

The creek crested this morning about 12 hours after the rain stopped. It takes some time for all the rainwater to make its way down here. The creek started to cover the little peninsula. Another 8" of depth or so and it would have made it into the pond.

Peak.jpg

Peak2.jpg

No. That last photo is where it peaked in the morning, By the evening it was back within its banks. We didn't get enough rain today to make much of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom