SMAC March 2013

jmathers

The March SMAC meeting will be held at Dave Millon's on Saturday, March 30th from 1pm -6pm. See my email for details.

Hopefully there will be a brief presentation on measuring room/system frequency and Dave will show us some measurements he has made of various member systems.

Hope to see you there.

Jeff

Sweet, looking forward to the presentation!

What would really be sweet would be if we could talk Dave E into doing his Digital Demo again for those of us that missed it.

Couple of notes:
Refreshments will consist of a couple or three homemade soups, cornbread, chips and dip or salsa.
I would like to have the downstairs are as the quiet time room and the upstairs area as a chat room for the hooligans at least for a bit.
I am going to try and display a handful of the room response graphs I've collected offer the past year. I will try and get permission from all who have allowed me to measure their systems to display their graphs but if you want to contact me and say you prefer not to have yours used, feel free.

I'll enthusiastically bring the six-pack-or-so of leftover brew still here from last month.

Sweet, looking forward to the presentation!

What would really be sweet would be if we could talk Dave E into doing his Digital Demo again for those of us that missed it.

I've prepared a similar demo and would be happy to bring it. Just need line in for the DAC to a preamp and I'd be set.

I could bring a couple files of vinyl rips I did of 45rpm's.. were quite the rage on demonoid before it was shut down.

I'll enthusiastically bring the six-pack-or-so of leftover brew still here from last month.

Manhattan Don bringing beer, unheard of! :D

685px-Manhattan_Cocktail2.jpg

I've prepared a similar demo and would be happy to bring it. Just need line in for the DAC to a preamp and I'd be set.

That would be cool Andy.

Last edited:
Looks like folks want a digital comparo. I'll put off the RTA until a later meet. Can someone more digital savvy organize this shoot out? We can easily run things through the basement system and plenty of people can fit.

Actually, I think it would be very interesting to see your graphed data presented for the 3 or 4 different speaker positions in the your basement with one set of data taken from the couch and one from the table.

I think I know what I hear, but it would be interesting to see how that corresponds to the actual measured room/system frequency.

Additionally it would give us all a chance to understand more about what you get with different speaker and listening positions.

Just my $0.02.

Couple of notes:
Refreshments will consist of a couple or three homemade soups, cornbread, chips and dip or salsa.
I would like to have the downstairs are as the quiet time room and the upstairs area as a chat room for the hooligans at least for a bit.
I am going to try and display a handful of the room response graphs I've collected offer the past year. I will try and get permission from all who have allowed me to measure their systems to display their graphs but if you want to contact me and say you prefer not to have yours used, feel free.

You can use mine Dave. In fact, I look forward to your meet. See you then.

Looks like folks want a digital comparo. I'll put off the RTA until a later meet. Can someone more digital savvy organize this shoot out? We can easily run things through the basement system and plenty of people can fit.

Can't we do both the RTA and a digital comparo?

Jeff

Of course we can! It just seemed like there was more interest in the digital thang. I'll be happy to do the RTA stuff if someone can work on the digital domain. I don't have a DAC BTW.

I'm sure I'm not the only one of the Mad Men that would appreciate our own Manhattan Don performing the perfect Manhattan demo. It may need to be repeated several times, just to make sure the slow ones in the group get it!

Happy Listening!

Back
Top Bottom