SMAC March 2013

Can't we do both the RTA and a digital comparo?

Jeff

I emailed Jeff a few weeks ago about what I planned and it's really just a very basic illustration of how digital formats compare for those interested in ripping CDs to digital. No Hi Rez, no analog vs, digital, just this is a CD and this this what digital sounds like ripped from one in various formats. With a short sample it wouldn't take long at all. Intro Digital 100, that's it. :yes:

That being said, I did get a Behringer ADC lately and MAY be able to rip a file from vinyl of my demo selection, but that would be really another topic for another day.

Last edited:
Andy: Not to widen your scope too much (but I figured it may be relevant in a cd vs. digitial presentation) but Dave and I have an interesting itunes-ripped and burned cd that may lead to a discussion of best ways to rip a cd as well. I only mention it because sonically it's quite astounding to hear the difference. If you think that would be too much, we'll do it another time.

Dave and I have an interesting itunes-ripped and burned cd that may lead to a discussion of best ways to rip a cd as well. I only mention it because sonically it's quite astounding to hear the difference.

This ought-a-be interesting! I am going to be embarrassed when I find out I have been burning CDs all these years and not been using the best way!

Anybody coming Sat. have a small/portable tube tester they wouldn't mind bringing along?

Send a quick PM - thanks!

Andy, you an IPA fan? (If not, give me some direction ... )

One of these days, I want to try one of your Manahttans, but I've only had them once many years ago and the results were legendary in not a good way.

Looks like Dennis is going to augment my meager knowledge of RTA. He has agreed to bring his expertise to the meet and share! An info packed Saturday to be sure.

Going to miss this meet, having a house full of family for Easter and been TOLD my absence would be noticed.

In prep for the next meet in Canada, does anyone know how long it takes to get a passport renewed?

Back
Top Bottom