SMAC October 2013

HOW did you make the cutout? I'd like to change to an IEC connector on a couple of hard-wired components but the chassis punches I've seen are prohibitively expensive.

Don.. There's a tool called a nibbler you can use for metal. Takes some practice but you can make a pretty nice hole.

Living room transformed..

Set this up last night..

DSC_0006_zps8099a82c.jpg

Let me see what I've got kicking around here in old computer power supplies...

Doh! I didn't even think about that. I may have an old power supply or two laying around as well.

Leave it to Andy for some good old fashioned ingenuity. Thanks.

Jeff

Had some just like that, but recently used the last one and haven't reordered yet. I do have some with built in RFI filters you would be welcome to. They should fit the same hole, they are pretty standard.

I may just take you up on that. Thanks.

EDIT: looking at some pics of these. The RFI ones seem to protrude deeper and may not fit in my drilled out plinth channel. Oh well...

Last edited:
Thanks so much for having us out, Your system was very impressive,you have wonderful home, and it was also great to hear NOSvalve's gear. I wish I could have stayed longer but my friend had to work at 4pm.

Very Nicely done,many thanks to Mike & Erin for a great meet.Great house ,great food,they really rolled out the red carpet.Even Craig was pretty civil.did I mention the tunes were great as well.

Holy mother of rooster what a great meet! Everything made for great time. Thanks Mike and Erin. Take a bow!

Jim

P.S. What a great house!!

Absolutely had a fantastic time today. It was great to see to everybody again. My hat is off to both Mike and Erin for hosting such a wonderful event.

Cheers!

Both me and Misses thank you all .. It was a great time. Thanks to all for coming out...

I have a canvas Inventions & Innnovation (Cleveland 2008) bag with some CD's an other things in it. Was left in on a chair in the garage.. Please let me know if you it's yours and what else is in the bag and we will work out on getting it back to you.

Took some great pictures.. will post tomorrow..

Thank-you to Mike and Erin. The wife and I enjoyed meeting everyone for the first time.

Your house is beautiful and, at Erin's suggestion, we drove a bit around. What a nice neighborhood. Wish you many good times there. :thmbsp:

Mike and Erin,
Thanks for hosting, your home and systems were awesome, I really enjoyed seeing everyone, even Craig!! :scratch2:

:worthless

Mike and Erin. Thanks so much for a wonderful afternoon. EVERYTHING was perfect. Great food, Great tunes and gear, Great house. D.

Yep. Second the opinion of all the others. A great time; a great house. Many thanks to Mike and Erin for the hospitality. Really, really enjoyed the big Altecs downstairs. And the bastardized Klipschs upstairs were pretty impressive as well - of course that was probably the NOSValves preamp and amps working their magic.

Thanks for hosting Mike!

Back
Top Bottom