SMAC September 2011

jmathers

The September SMAC meeting will be held at Dave's on Saturday, September 24th from 1pm-6pm. This meet will be a combination of food, swap meet, and limited indoor listening.

See my email for further details.

If you'd like to enumerate what you are bringing to swap I can maintain a master list right here.

Speakers
Polk Audio, Monitor Series 2, M5 Speaker Set (two speakers) - Michael
Sansui Speaker Set (two speakers), Model S-32U - Michael
Jensen Speaker (one speaker), Model TF-3, 3-way speaker with four drivers - Michael
Klipsch KG4s pioneersound (Griff)

Amps/preamps
HH Scott Receiver 375R receiver (solid state) Jmathers
Pioneer SA-800 integrated 313guy (Tom)
Heathkit Preamplifier, Model SP-2, tubes included, with assembly and operation guide - Michael
Denon Audio/Video Surround Receiver, Model AVR-1400, with remote control and manual - Michael
Sherwood Audio/Video Receiver, Model S-277ORCP - Michael
Pioneer SX-580 Receiver - Roger
Marantz Model 2440 Quadradial 4 Adaptive Amplifier - Roger
Sony STR-DN1000 Receiver – Roger
Couple o' SS Receivers pioneersound (Griff)
Marantz 2265B pioneersound (Griff)
Heathkit and Knight tube stuff pioneersound (Griff)
Admiral 6EH5 SE console pull Andyman
Tube Stuff Kegger

Digital/DACs/Players/Tape/EQ
Sony 5 Cd carousel Andyman
Magnavox Andyman
2 Toshiba DVD players w/o remotes Andyman
Sansui Combo DVD Player and VHS Video Cassette Recorder, Model VRDVD4001, with remote control and manual - Michael
Denon DVD Video Player, Model DVD1000, with remote control and manual - Michael
Philips Magnavox VCR, Model VRX562AT21, with remote control and manual - Michael
Aiwa F660 Cassette Deck - Roger
Soundcraftsmen RP2201-R EQ 313guy
Couple o' EQs pioneersound (Griff)
Kenwood DV-4900 DVD 5 disk carousel Dolby Digital/DTS & 6 channel output. Bellair (Bob)
Denon 1940ci SACD/CD/DVD player Jeff

Turntables/phono stuff
JVC QL-7 turntable 313guy (Tom)
Marantz turntable 313guy (Tom)
Carts 313guy
Carts Grumpy
Shure M55E Bellair (Bob)
Thorens TD 145 (fully equipped with cart and new belt) Kegger

Tuners
Tunas Gfederys (George)
Adcom GFT-555 II tuner 313guy (Tom)
Pioneer TX-600 313guy (Tom)
Hallicrafters S-108 SW radio piece-it-pete

Records/CDs/Software
Andyman
Grumpy
jmathers
pioneersound (Griff)
piece-it-pete
Bellair (Bob)

Accessories/Wires/Tubes/Parts/Etc.
Crossover and DIY parts Gfederys (George)
Solid, handmade, one-piece equipment platforms in ash (2) and oak (2) (16x18) Chris Cerovina
PS Audio P300 Power Plant W/Multiwave Power conditioner/power generator that creates a perfect 120 V sinewave (or multiwave) with variable voltage & frequency. Bellair (Bob)
Tubes Kegger

Jeff

Last edited:
Tuna's & DUI

I'll be bringing some great tuna's to sell/trade. Maybe some crossover and DUI parts too. C U there!

Maybe some crossover and DUI parts too. C U there!

Hmmmm... I'll pass on those :lmao: :yes:

I've got 2, maybe 3 sets of Original Large Advent cabs I can bring, but I need commitments up front by next Thursday (9/22) evening to keep them out of Friday's trash. And a smallish tube console preamp/tuner. power amp pull.

Pics up later after I get caught up on other stuff.

I am looking for a cheap cartridge to rough in the alignment on my new linear tracker. Either MM or HOMC (maybe not even working would be OK). I don't want to spend any real money until I get this thing sorted. If someone has anything and wants to bring it to the swap meet, I'd appreciate it.
Dave (that narrows it down, doesn't it?)

I am looking for a cheap cartridge to rough in the alignment on my new linear tracker. Either MM or HOMC (maybe not even working would be OK). I don't want to spend any real money until I get this thing sorted. If someone has anything and wants to bring it to the swap meet, I'd appreciate it.

Got several to pick from. Bring your Monopoly money, Dave.

Looks like I'll have a couple CD and DVD players to offer. A Sony 5 Cd carousel, a single Magnavox, and a couple Toshiba DVD players w/o remotes.

I probably have something you can have for small change.

I'll have many records and 45's at the tables. Bring your dollar bills as all of the sales will be for AK. I also have many other items such as tube and SS amps and other odds and ends.

I plan to bring the following items to September's SMAC meet. Everything is in clean, working condition.

Heathkit Monaural-Stereo High Fidelity Preamplifier, Model SP-2, tubes included, with assembly and operation guide - $150

Polk Audio, Monitor Series 2, M5 Speaker Set (two speakers) - $150

Denon Audio/Video Surround Receiver, Model AVR-1400, with remote control and manual - $75

Sansui Combo DVD Player and VHS Video Cassette Recorder, Model VRDVD4001, with remote control and manual - $20

Sherwood Audio/Video Receiver, Model S-277ORCP - $20

Sansui Speaker Set (two speakers), Model S-32U - $20

Denon DVD Video Player, Model DVD1000, with remote control and manual - $15

Jensen Speaker (one speaker), Model TF-3, 3-way speaker with four drivers - $15

Philips Magnavox VCR, Model VRX562AT21, with remote control and manual - $5

September's SMAC Meet

I will be bringing the following:
>Pioneer SX-580 Receiver - Roger
>Marantz Model 2440 Quadradial 4 Adaptive Amplifier - Roger
>Aiwa F660 Cassette Deck - Roger
>Sony STR-DN1000 Receiver – Roger

Good news all. We will have a 20x20 foot tent so the swap meet goes on no matter what the weather.

I will have plenty of tables and chairs, not to mention food. The pulled pork should be ready about 2-2:30 and then its chow time. See you all then.

Grumpy

I plan on bringing a bunch of classical records and some 50s 60s test records
A couple ss recivers
marantz 2265b
Klipsch kg4 set
a couple EQs
some heathkit and knight tube stuff
I'll find some more by saturday
This will be my first smac meeting and it sounds
like a good time.

Yes, if indeed true, congrats Dennis! And Pres no less. Wouldn't want to start out in the mailroom or anything.:)

Jeff

Theres an extra table but its first come first serve. Sorry to hear ya can't make it Dennis. Maybe you can swing by after work.

Howdy fellas. I'm coming up with a friend, looking forward to it!

I might have a box of records, and a coworker of mine has a Hallicrafters S-108 SW radio in good shape, works, looks like original tubes, if anyone's interested let me know and I'll bring it. He'll take $50, or make an offer.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom