SMAC September 2011

Are you coming DC?
I've got that Kunzel CD I picked up for you if you are...:yes:

Outstanding meet Grumpy. How did you pull off that weather thing? Great, great eats. My heartiest of compliments!! Thanks much for hosting and for the great time!

Thanks to Dave and Nancy for hosting a most excellent meet. Excellent food. Great people as always. You guys out did yourselves. And I scored some really good vinyl to boot.

Kudos to Dave and Nancy. That was a great way to spend an afternoon. Thanks for having us.

Dave and Nancy, you hosted an outstanding meet. Thanks for a good, good day!

Nice to see Ernie, Steve and 'The Grump' again:D

Thanks Nancy and Dave for having us all over. That canopy out back drew quite a bit of attention from everybody driving by!! The smoked pork and chili was fabulous and the company was grand. Heck, I even listened to a song or two inside.

Thanks again for being such grand hosts and exceptional folks!!

Thanks, Dave and Nancy, for having us over. Linda and I had a great time.

Too bad most of you missed the sight of Pete pulling up with the tent strapped to the roof of his old Town Car.

It was good to catch up with some good folks, and meet some new ones.

Lots of wheeling and dealing going on. In the true spirit of the word 'swap', Kegger said he ended up revenue-neutral, just traded one pile of stuff for another. Wait a minute, Kegger, a purist? :D

Are the SMAC meetings all this good? The stars aligned and this was the first meet I've been able to attend. I had I great time! Saw a few faces I recognized from the AKFest and learned some new ones, although I'm so bad with names I'm sure I'll confuse some. :sigh: Looking forward to meeting others next time. Got so involved with talking, I almost missed the food, which was really tasty! :yes:

The two "Uncut Detroit" CDs I scored are great! (Jeff, don't forget to get the $ from Kegger.)

Thanks to Grumpy and Mrs and all who helped put this on! :thmbsp:

Looking forward to the thread/discussions on the beer-bottle speaker stands for the Klipsch's. :D

Dave and Nancy, you two hosted a killer meet. Thanks for great food,
And nice weather day to boot! (wish we could of stayed a bit longer)

Nice to see all the gang, Steve even showing up there was a treat to.
(along with CRAC heads, Pete and Botrytis) way cool.........

---------

The swap was pretty darn big, (yep I do still have Jeff's 2 bucks here). :)
Cool I sold some tubes, to pay for other pickups, all in all pretty sweet. ;)

And seeing the CRAC heads, Pete and Mr. and Mrs Botrytis (Botrytii??? :D), was great too!!

Man did we luck out. The weather was great and so was the company. Could not asked for a better day. Now I am going back to sleep, catch ya all later.

It was a perfect day, and got me out for a bit which is something I need. This is the first time I had been to anything like this.
Everything is new to me, I am trying to learn more about this old equipment and how things work, etc.
BTW, I did also get some great info on my turntable, picked up The Who's Tommy, so I have a record now too. My moms first, so it will be cool to invite her over to hear all my new old stuff. I played all 4 sides, works good.
Digging through all those old records made me feel old, and reminded me that I had a lot of them already still in my Dad's posession, I'll need to get them from him so I have a little more variety.

Thanks for the time, and the info I gained. It made me realize also that I could possibly host something like this as well, my house is small, but I've got a much bigger yard then yesterday. Once I come out of my shell a little more, maybe next year we can have something here.

Back
Top Bottom