SMAC September 2013

jmathers

The September SMAC meeting will be held at Grumpy's place on Saturday, September 14th from 1pm-7pm. See my email for details.

If you'd like to contribute to an outdoor system, please post in this thread what you'd like to bring and we'll compile a list:

Speakers: Andyman-Paradigm 5Se speakers

Amp/Preamp: Andyman-Denon DRM-385 or something like that amplifier with MC phono stage.

Source: Andyman-An unexciting turntable suitable for playing the swap meet records and a Sony universal player with SACD
DC - modified Rega P2 with a Nagaoka MP-500 cart. and a McIntosh MCD-7010 Redbook CD player coupled with a Cambridge Audio DacMagic outboard DAC.

Wires and such: Andyman-a mini jack to RCA cord
DC - entry-level interconnects (AudioQuest, and Blue Jeans, mostly) \
Tripplite powerstrip

Jeff

Last edited:
I certainly have enough stuff to toss something mundane in. I can offer the following:

Paradigm 5Se speakers
KLH Model 17 or 20 speakers, I forget which.
Denon DRM-385 or something like that amplifier with MC phono stage.
A unexciting turntable suitable for playing the swap meet records.

Let me know if any of this is needed and I'll bring it...

I'll also supply a mini jack to RCA cord so folks can output smartphones/tablets/laptops to the amp

Bummer Dave. Would have been nice to see ya.

Just so everyone knows you needn't be a SMAC member to attend. Everyone is welcome.

Grumpy

I'll be out of town that weekend. Too bad for me. I had a nice time last time chatting with everyone. Bought a few things too.

I have to do a karate demo at a dojomate's church on Saturday from 1-4, but I can stop by afterwards if you guys don't mind seeing me in a sweaty smelly gi.

Sure, were gonna be outside anyways lol

I'd love to come but I'll be busy unloading the truck moving my wife into my (now our) house at last. even if we finished in a hurry I will probably be hors be combat by that time....

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Good thing it's next weekend, I would not want to miss out seeing many of my SMAC brethren.

For this Saturday is Dally-in-the-Alley and can also not be missed! Local music, food, art, beer, and urban hippie girls. :D

I'll be a "Dave" for the day if it helps the cause! Let's see... VinylDave?

:beatnik:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom