SMAC September 2013

Well, I'm not Dave but wish to inform that I cannot make it due to work requirements. These events are getting harder for me get to lately.

Have a great time all.

Any more takers on swap tables? Only one thus far. Come on, you know you have something to get rid of......

Also, anyone else got something they can bring for the outdoor system? Andyman has the basics but I figured there'd be the usual interest in throwing something together from a wide range of folks. Anyone?

Jeff

Any more takers on swap tables? Only one thus far. Come on, you know you have something to get rid of......

Yeah, we had about 10-15 guys last time Grumpy did this and there was some nice stuff moving about. Don't be shy about bringing some of your unused stuff along.

BTW, I think I have a spare Sony universal player with SACD capabilities I can bring too.

I may be the only person who asked for a table (via a PM to Grumpy), but it turns out that I have a wedding to go to that day so I have to withdraw the request.

Hope to attend, if only for a short time.

I'm in for a table and will most likely also be selling the system components I'm bringing.
I'm also bringing some unused woodworking stuff and scraps I need to move.

Of course they are - one drug is as good as another!

Would be great to see you Mark.

That's not my experience, well, at least from what I've read about it.. anyway.:yes:

Roxy Music said, love is the drug.

Happy "experienced" Listening!:beatnik:

SMACers and CRACers ... I'm sure that sounds naughtier than it really is. :D

The weather looks like it will be a gorgeous day!

I vote for Andy's Paradigm speakers and I can lighten his burden a little. I'd be glad to bring a modified Rega P2 with a Nagaoka MP-500 cart. for nice vinyl (Anybody bring a VPI 16.5? My RCM is not portable.) and a McIntosh MCD-7010 Redbook CD player coupled with a Cambridge Audio DacMagic outboard DAC. I can also bring some decent entry-level interconnects (AudioQuest, and Blue Jeans, mostly) if needed.

Anyone else?

And I can bring a Tripp-Lite IsoBar 8 Ultra power strip for the gear.

SMACers and CRACers ... I'm sure that sounds naughtier than it really is. :D

The weather looks like it will be a gorgeous day!

I vote for Andy's Paradigm speakers and I can lighten his burden a little. I'd be glad to bring a modified Rega P2 with a Nagaoka MP-500 cart. for nice vinyl (Anybody bring a VPI 16.5? My RCM is not portable.) and a McIntosh MCD-7010 Redbook CD player coupled with a Cambridge Audio DacMagic outboard DAC. I can also bring some decent entry-level interconnects (AudioQuest, and Blue Jeans, mostly) if needed.

Anyone else?

Great DC. I'll update the list - I vote for the Paradigm's too. My RCM is non-portable also. Be nice to have one if anyone wants to clean the used records.

We'll have the best outdoor cartridge and TT and CD playback on the block.:D

Bring interconnects too, if not too much trouble!

Jeff

Great DC. I'll update the list - I vote for the Paradigm's too. My RCM is non-portable also. Be nice to have one if anyone wants to clean the used records.

We'll have the best outdoor cartridge and TT and CD playback on the block.:D

Bring interconnects too, if not too much trouble!

Jeff

Yeah, overkill, ya think? I'm sure, over the sound of the neighbor's lawnmower, we'll hear the lack of clarity and detail from the stock tonearm wires not being upgraded yet. :D

OK, I'll bring the Paradigms, the Denon and I think the JVC DD TT my daughter was using in Chicago for the used LPs.

I tell you what! Mrs. Grumpy sure can cook!!!! The pulled pork and burgers were GREAT......thanks much.

What Dennis said!!!

Thanks to Grumpy, Nancy, their family, Ernie, Linda and anybody else I may have forgotten for all their efforts in hosting today's meet. It was a fine time with great people, music and weather.

Dave, Nancy, thanks for having us over. It was great to be a part of the festivities.

Good to see the gang again, too.

Back
Top Bottom