SMAC Thoughts

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Do I have'ta take an elbow fer one of those shiny discs too?... no way!!!

Happy Listening (enforcer)!:beatnik:

Hmmm, this has me thinking.
I have an idea, but I need to check into it and see if it is a possibility.
If so, then I can give some more details and see if it would work out.

Main reasons I have not really participated:
My home is too small
I’m fairly introverted

But, if I can come up with a place to hold a meet, then I am sure it would pretty much run itself.

Um, so my other question is how many people like old cars/classic cars, etc???

Hmmm, this has me thinking.
I have an idea, but I need to check into it and see if it is a possibility.
If so, then I can give some more details and see if it would work out.

Main reasons I have not really participated:
My home is too small
I’m fairly introverted

But, if I can come up with a place to hold a meet, then I am sure it would pretty much run itself.

Um, so my other question is how many people like old cars/classic cars, etc???

Sounds good, tell us more when you can..

And there is a fair amount in the group that are car nutz to, (I'm one)

You mean without me it would be 313? Kind of a paradox there.:scratch2:

within you, and without you my friend.

Maybe we should play sitar music before each meet.

Happy Listening (enforcer)! :beatnik:

I am starting to refinish my basement and plan to host more when it is done. Still, I won't have the high grade tube gear that others seem to enjoy. My stereo is a rack mount 5 KW monster for rockin' out when I have the house to myself. :)

When I hosted in 2012 it was a lot of fun listening to other peoples' equipment and I plan to make room for such tests in the new space.

The basement is a walkout so it will work well for critical listening inside while partying outside.

With regard to making the meets a little more friendly, I think it would be nice to have nametags with real names and AK usernames. They would help newcomers put names with faces. If not that, then maybe a web page or e-mail document with names, faces, and offices held in the club. I volunteer to assemble/maintain the document and be the Minister of Ice. :)

With regard to making the meets a little more friendly, I think it would be nice to have nametags with real names and AK usernames. They would help newcomers put names with faces. If not that, then maybe a web page or e-mail document with names, faces, and offices held in the club. I volunteer to assemble/maintain the document and be the Minister of Ice. :)

That has been an ongoing idea!

01-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi guys, I'm wondering what you all think about putting up a list of names, AK screenames and pictures so we could see who is posting? Those worried about privacy could simply not participate.
Dave

You mean, like, we would have ta actually reveal our real identities and can no longer hide comfortably behind our well constructed ultra egos???

Hmmm.:D

Well, I guess that will certainly make us stand out now from Comic Cons, Star Trek conventions, or Burning Man...

and since Midnight Sugar is 45 rpm, it'll be even shorter

Just spun this, what a mesmerizing cut. The whole set that Island Boy turned me on to is just a peach. Only one song per side tho, where did I put that CD?

Tell Richard Simmons that!

Mebbe that's why I don't have any of the 45s.That & I'm too cheap.

Much to my chagrin, I now have 3. My Morning Jacket's Circuital, the Three Blind Mice's box set and I just bought the ORG reissue of Gerry Mulligan's What is There to Say. All fantastic slabs of vinyl bliss! The last two are too good to miss.

Much to my chagrin, I now have 3. My Morning Jacket's Circuital, the Three Blind Mice's box set and I just bought the ORG reissue of Gerry Mulligan's What is There to Say. All fantastic slabs of vinyl bliss! The last two are too good to miss.

I'd like to hear that Mulligan set,provided of course that you get up & flip the record.

I went to Encore today,bought one LP (Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears),& three CDs.Somebody's gotten in there & cleaned out all the good shit.

Back
Top Bottom