small Goodwill score

madpioneer

Thursday small Goodwill score a PIONEER PD-M70 6 CD changer with single tray $25. Lately they have been pricing CDP's at $40 no matter what brand or shape from Fisher Price to ADC etc...
This one had a CD in it label side up,I guess they tested it saw it would not work then lowered the price. This plays CD's music side up not label side up! My gain I guess. I happened to be on the lookout for a (cheap) CDP to eventually go on my 'needs to be repaired' SX-950. This is a little older model with all aluminum face minus some plastic buttons of course along with all metal top and chassis. I know its black stuff buts its a PIONEER,Dude!!

You need any cd cartridges for that thing? I've got two laying around here somewhere.

I have a couple of Kenwood CD carts

I thought some brands were interchangeable. See how much I know about CeeDee's ;)

I've got atleast a dozen of those pioneer carts if somebody's interested...
and NO pioneer cdp.

Tal

Originally posted by madpioneer
Thursday small Goodwill score a PIONEER PD-M70 6 CD changer with single tray $25. Lately they have been pricing CDP's at $40 no matter what brand or shape from Fisher Price to ADC etc...
This one had a CD in it label side up,I guess they tested it saw it would not work then lowered the price. This plays CD's music side up not label side up! My gain I guess. I happened to be on the lookout for a (cheap) CDP to eventually go on my 'needs to be repaired' SX-950. This is a little older model with all aluminum face minus some plastic buttons of course along with all metal top and chassis. I know its black stuff buts its a PIONEER,Dude!!

Cool. I still have a Pioneer PD-M6, which was the first "consumer" oriented disc changer (I believe NIKKO made the first changer, but it was aimed towards professional use, and cost a couple grand). I personally would't use the six disc cartridges though. I don't know about the newer carts, but on the original Pioneer carts there were small felt pads on the underside of each tray. They would leave small scratches on the disc in the tray below. Give it a try and see what happens. Perhaps your luck will be better than mine was.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom