Small Problem

Justen

Send Lawyers,Guns & Money
Okay, not too small! I picked up a G 9000 the other day at an estate sale. Brought it home and it has no audio output on the right channel. No audio level on the right channel meter as well. I don't have a schematic and while I am capable of minor repair work I'm certainly not a pro! Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Justen
Okay, not too small! I picked up a G 9000 the other day at an estate sale. Brought it home and it has no audio output on the right channel. No audio level on the right channel meter as well. I don't have a schematic and while I am capable of minor repair work I'm certainly not a pro! Any suggestions?

Could be a small problem.
No audio and no meter could be a fuse.
It has been some time since I have opened up a G 9000, but some receivers have the fuses on the back and some are inside.
That is always the first place I check when There is no signal.
Maybe someone here can tell you whre the fuses are located on the G9000:dunno:

I've found fuses inside, on both the right and left sides. Anyone know what the fuse block sequences are?

If this unit has been sitting unused for a long time it may just be dirty or have oxidized contacts. The easiest thing to do, and some times very effective, is to exercise all the switches and controls. Just cycle them back and forth until your wrist get tired. Don't forget the little slide switch on the side for the "direct/coupled" feature. Also, turn it on and off repeatedly. If the protection relay contacts are dirty, that can give you meter and output problems and cycling the unit on and off will exercise the relay contacts.

The next step would be to get a can of Deoxit and clean all the switches and pots. Be sure to let it dry out before you turn it on.

If the problems don't change after doing all this, then you can start asking about repair.

- Pete

G-8000/9000

These units are very susceptable to oxidation in the switches and the symptoms can be dead or low volume on one channel.

Do a search on G-8000 and/or noisy switches. I and others have documented several cleaning projects to get these units running.

My G-8000 was intermittent on both channels and one ch would drop out completely. Cleaning and a daily workout fixed it 100%.

Paul

PS: The Pre-Out/Main-In is a switchable option on the left side.

Back
Top Bottom